Battery Indicator shows 90%, or 50%, but then shuts down and shows red indicator (0%)

Malleable69

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
So I bought a used Lumia 1520 recently. Its running Windows 10 technical preview.

The phone seemed fine, but I have been having issues with the battery indicator showing a decent level of charge, either 90% or 50%; but then the phone will shut down and reboot repeatedly.
After a few quick reboots (Nokia symbol, Windows symbol) the phone will display a battery symbol with a red bar saying its without charge.

I haven't figured out if its an error with the indicator showing 90/50% charge when its really dead, or if the phone just thinks its empty and wants to shut down.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks,
Mal

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Virtually 100% of the time that happens it's because the battery has reached the end of it's life. New batteries on Amazon can be bought for as low as $10, just read the reviews to be certain about the quality. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that go in detail on how to DIY.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree with mewcatchew. The charge level indication cannot be relied upon when the battery is faulty or at the end of its life. You need a new battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss