02-29-2016 12:42 AM
57 123
tools
    You don't have to roll back. They take a little bit of time to populate the extras list when the phone boots up for the first time in Windows 10. If it's not there after like 20 minutes once all the updates are complete, then there might be a problem
    02-09-2016 05:18 PM
    You don't have to roll back. They take a little bit of time to populate the extras list when the phone boots up for the first time in Windows 10. If it's not there after like 20 minutes once all the updates are complete, then there might be a problem
    Yeah this is weeks after the update, I've just been surviving without the extra features... Just wish I had them.
    02-10-2016 12:32 AM
    Yeah I don't have those Microsoft apps either. "Glance, Motion, Motion Data, Hey Cortana, Gadgets" I think I need to rollback to 8.1 but I'm unable too bc my laptop doesn't read my phone when plugged in.
    No need to rollback to 8.1; open up Microsoft Store app/menu/my library/apps and you'll find "Glance, Motion, Motion Data, Hey Cortana, Gadgets"
    banjaboo likes this.
    02-11-2016 09:08 AM
    No need to rollback to 8.1; open up Microsoft Store app/menu/my library/apps and you'll find "Glance, Motion, Motion Data, Hey Cortana, Gadgets"
    Awesome find, but they still don't work Smh. When I click on Hey Cortana... It says "This feature is not available for your phone" and when I click on Glance... It briefly show a menu with options and then the screen goes black.
    02-11-2016 02:23 PM
    I dl'ed glance, motion and display from the store and they all work perfectly.
    banjaboo likes this.
    02-11-2016 03:02 PM
    I'm using an unlocked AT&T 1520 (RM-940) so this may explain it if not working for you. In the case youre using different product code (Iike RM-937, 938 etc) resetting or even rolling back to 8.1 then updating to 10 may resolve it.
    02-12-2016 03:36 PM
    I'm using an unlocked AT&T 1520 (RM-940) so this may explain it if not working for you. In the case youre using different product code (Iike RM-937, 938 etc) resetting or even rolling back to 8.1 then updating to 10 may resolve it.
    I've hard reset many times. I think the only solution is to roll back to 8.1 then updating to 10. However my windows 10 laptop does not read my phone when plugging it in.
    02-15-2016 07:49 AM
    After several hard reset my battery still drained like a SOB. Got tired f***** around. I've been with windows phone since W7) enough is enough. I switched to Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Absolutely love it. When ever Surface Phone is available I will return.
    02-15-2016 11:27 AM
    I've hard reset many times. I think the only solution is to roll back to 8.1 then updating to 10. However my windows 10 laptop does not read my phone when plugging it in.
    For what it is worth, as i posted earlier, when I rolled back my 1520.3 (938) from something like .63 to 8.1, I picked up a firmware upgrade. When .107 came out, I rejoined Insider and downloaded it. All smooth and easy.
    Last edited by Captain_Eric; 02-15-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    02-15-2016 11:53 AM
    For what it is worth, as i posted earlier, when I rolled back my 1520.3 (938) from something like .63 to 8.1, I picked up a firmware upgrade. When .107 came out, I rejoined Insider and downloaded it. All smooth and easy.
    I finally got it to work!!! I had to plug it into the laptop, soft reset... It would read the phone for a little bit, long enough to read what phone and what firmware to download. It took a while to download the firmware so by the time it was done, my phone already booted all the way to normal state Aka laptop didn't read it again. However, once the download finished, I backed out the recovery tool to the beginning and followed the same steps (soft reset) and it worked!! It took me back to 8.1, I restored my backup, let all apps download then used windows insider to upgrade to the latest WM10. Now I have glance and hey Cortana again! Also I noticed my automatic adjust brightness is working again.
    02-16-2016 07:44 AM
    I finally got it to work!!! I had to plug it into the laptop, soft reset... It would read the phone for a little bit, long enough to read what phone and what firmware to download. It took a while to download the firmware so by the time it was done, my phone already booted all the way to normal state Aka laptop didn't read it again. However, once the download finished, I backed out the recovery tool to the beginning and followed the same steps (soft reset) and it worked!! It took me back to 8.1, I restored my backup, let all apps download then used windows insider to upgrade to the latest WM10. Now I have glance and hey Cortana again! Also I noticed my automatic adjust brightness is working again.
    Wow! That's great. You got the firmware update and upgraded to .107. Glad its working well for you.
    banjaboo likes this.
    02-16-2016 09:24 AM
    I have the same problem with my 930.
    When I soft reset, the usb connection works for about 5 seconds, but the recovery tool doesn't notice my phone.
    How long did the USB connection work for you?
    Any other tips for setting up the recovery tool or something like that?
    02-16-2016 11:14 AM
    I have the same problem with my 930.
    When I soft reset, the usb connection works for about 5 seconds, but the recovery tool doesn't notice my phone.
    How long did the USB connection work for you?
    Any other tips for setting up the recovery tool or something like that?
    I did restart my laptop first, not sure if that did anything or not. When I plugged it in, it didn't recognize my phone. Thats when it told me to soft reset it (power and volume down) after that I think it still said "device wasn't recognized" however it listed options of phone brands to select. I selected my device brand "Lumia". Did you see any of these steps?
    02-16-2016 02:54 PM
    I did restart my laptop first, not sure if that did anything or not. When I plugged it in, it didn't recognize my phone. Thats when it told me to soft reset it (power and volume down) after that I think it still said "device wasn't recognized" however it listed options of phone brands to select. I selected my device brand "Lumia". Did you see any of these steps?
    Not exactly.
    When I plug in my phone nothing happens.
    When I then soft reset it, there is a message on the PC that something is not right with the connection, and after ~5 seconds it dissappears again.
    The recovery tool doesn't really do anything at the moment. I can choose Lumia as device brand if I click on "My device was not detecetd". After that, it's waiting for a connection, so I then do a soft reset. A few seconds later, the recovery tool says that no device was found and I should soft reset it to try again.
    banjaboo likes this.
    02-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Battery life with the new build is kinda meh. Took me a while to fix sync between Skype + messaging.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-16-2016 07:14 PM
    Planning to install W10 TP new build after 6 months

Any one recommend it ?

How is the battery life in new build ?
    02-21-2016 12:31 AM
    The Lumia 1520 on WM10 is a new phone altogether, I would suggest going for it. Perform a hard reset after the update and disable skype from the built-in messaging app and everything will work as expected or better.
    02-21-2016 12:58 AM
    I have two 1520s with the latest WM10 installed. I just find it weird that there are apps that can be installed in one unit but is barred from the other. Hmmm...
    02-21-2016 03:29 AM
    Planning to install W10 TP new build after 6 months

Any one recommend it ?

How is the battery life in new build ?
    Just fired up my AT&T 1520 after it was sitting for awhile. Updated to *.107 right after starting.
    Battery life went from 2 days [if i recall correctly] to ~1.5 days.
    I'm not a heavy user, obviously, this is fine for me. Charge it most every night.
    Pretty stable build.
    rajamass likes this.
    02-21-2016 05:23 AM
    I'm pretty disappointed in MS taking so long to get Win 10 polished to the point of a true release to all eligible phones, god bless the 950/950XL owners in Nov and Dec who didn't know they were getting saddled with a unfinished and not ready for prime time OS. Phones like our 1520s were suppose to get it in late Dec/Jan but we're lucky if we see it by the end of March and I'm not even holding my breath for then.. Software is MS's forte, just has me wondering how much resources are really being allocated to the Mobile division??
    Tom Snyder and rajamass like this.
    02-21-2016 11:06 PM
    I've been having those same issues with Glance, Cortana, Rich Capture, motion... Seems the 1520.3 is not getting support. Very frustrating
    02-23-2016 01:41 AM
    What do you mean by 1520.3 not being supported? It recently received a new firmware update from Microsoft, something that hasn't been released to the ATT variant. Even without the newer firmware, my ATT 1520 has no issues with glance, Cortana, rich capture or motion. In fact it works really well, better than my previous Lumia 830. If you're experiencing any software glitches then kindly roll back to 8.1 >> upgrade to 10586.107 >> hard reset >> and then setup your phone for daily use without restoring your phone backup from OneDrive. The phone should be stable for a daily driver.
    02-23-2016 08:07 AM
    Using the ATT Lumia. What firmware version is the upgrade?
    currently running *37028 with the *.107 OS.

Update: Think the AT&T Lumia 1520 is 1520.2
    Last edited by ElronTheElder; 02-24-2016 at 07:26 AM.
    02-23-2016 08:37 PM
    1520.3 is different than 1520. These issues as mentioned seem to be with the Latin 1520.3 rm-938, not the 1520...that isn't having issues. I have a mac as my desktop so I can't roll back right now.
    02-24-2016 01:52 AM
    Have you performed a hard reset to see if it solved any of your issues?
    02-24-2016 07:04 AM
57 123