I'm having trouble letting go of my L1520

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so last week I installed win 10 on my L1520 and have been fooling around with it for a few days... first off win 10 is working flawless so far as I can tell and the battery OMG the battery (with no sim card in it mind you, but wifi and BT still on) lasts like 4 days!! now I haven't played a lot with it and it has been in standby most of those 4 days, but still! I'm shocked it still lasts for 4 days with no charge! I have my phone up for sale but I'm hoping nobody will buy it LOL ... there is one weird thing tho that happened, when I first installed win 10 I had the option to choose VIVID in my color profile in the extras setting. then after I did a reset to install an update and the second time around I lost that option... can anyone who installed win 10 on their L1520 confirm that they have/haven't got the color profile setting in extras? all in all my L1520 got a second life with win 10 and I can't believe they are not including the win 10 update for this device... in fact I think I know why, they don't want to ruin sales of their L950XL that the L1520 can ruin for them... this phone is such a beast even after 2 years on the market. I don't think this phone will ever meet EOL anytime soon!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It really is a great phone. I've bought and sold a couple of them over the years because once I sold my first one, I just had to get another one because I missed it. Ha ha Right now, I'm on the verge of buying a 950XL, but I have my eye on a great looking 1520 on eBay. Can't decide...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If I had the money to spare, I would be purchasing the 950XL without hesitation. However since I'm not there yet, it's posts like these that make me very content to pickup a 1520. I'm not one to jump from phone to phone, It took a damaged EOL 928 for me to move to an Icon under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 it's great running W10. My battery life has not been effected at all with the upgrade.
I don't recall anything about the color profile when I initially installed it.
On a side note, I bought my current Green 1520 from Science Guy. Couldn't be happier.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
@jfrost (or anyone else) can go see in the settings where color profile settings are and see if you have that? Its in extras... Im thinking I might have to reset again...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 it's great running W10. My battery life has not been effected at all with the upgrade.
I don't recall anything about the color profile when I initially installed it.
On a side note, I bought my current Green 1520 from Science Guy. Couldn't be happier.

Cool! Great news. :)
I miss it every day. Ha ha

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Settings➡ Extra➡ Display➡ Color Profile.

I hope that helps.

I know where it is bud but its not there for me when I go, so I'm wondering if its corrupted or missing and was wondering If you have it and maybe its JUST ME or its like that for every L1520

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Nice to hear W10 is running well on your 1520 but Battery life IS the biggest reason I haven't gone to W10 with my 1520, battery was no where near 8.1 with my old 640XL and I tried every build pre .63 and hate to sound pessimistic but find it hard to believe my 1520 won't be worse with 10, Messaging and Skype were big drains with W10 even though I wasn't even signed into Skype, since you have no sim card in I take it your not texting so messaging isn't running, yes??

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's threads like this that make me want to hold on to my 1520. I'm on my second one in 2 years (first was yellow...this one ks white).

Like many of you...I too have tried other phones in an attempt to leave it (in fact I'm on a 930 right now). Just when I think I can leave it though I can't. My luck with W10MTP has been mixed. I agree...i too thought the TP gave my 1520 a new lease on life. After a while though the stability issues cropped back up. So i now have mixed feelings about W10.

Though I "may" leave WP soon...this thread makes me want to load the TP and give it another go. In my opinion...the 1520 is one of the best phones ever made.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok so after a hard reset, everything is there and where it should be. now I'm going to see if my battery has gotten worse because deeyaamn 4 days on stand by with the occasional playing around is amazing! none of my other phones have gotten 4 days standby... everything is running buttery smooth.. my suggestion to those having trouble with win 10 is not to restore from a back up or device. install like a newborn baby with no sim card, then once your device is set up final, then pop in your sim card. that's my suggestion.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You won't be able to part with it. About that phone being a beast, you're correct. There isn't anything around quite like the 1520. You'll get another phone and pop that one in your desk but you'll never get rid of it.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I was in your place. I needed to say goodbye to my beloved 1520 after painfull cost of screen repair and it was wise from me to get rid of it, but i still don't like that fact. I put it on sale and got big price tag on it.. hoped that no one will buy it.. but after 5 minutes, 5 MINUTES i pick a call and sold it for 300e

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
the battery OMG the battery (with no sim card in it mind you, but wifi and BT still on) lasts like 4 days!! now I haven't played a lot with it and it has been in standby most of those 4 days, but still! I'm shocked it still lasts for 4 days with no charge! !

Not trying to be a buzzkill or a downer but battery life on W10 was no where near 8.1 on my old 640XL and a very big reason I won't put W10 on my 1520 yet.. 4 days mostly on stand-by with no sim card just doesn't sound impressive, I get a full 2 days out of my 1520 on 8.1 and this is with normal to heavy use, I imagine if I took out my sim and let it sit on stand-by it would go 6 days. Messanger/Skype are big battery drains with W10, when I ran W10 on my 640XL Messaging /Skype was sucking 32-40% of the battery alone, after signing out and uninstalling Skype Messaging was still draining 24-30%.
With no sim your Messaging isn't active at all I would assume..
I would love to put W10 on my 1520 but until people start reporting battery life somewhere near 8.1 on they're 1520s I just can't commit, 2 day battery with normal/heavy use is just a luxury I'm not willing to give up..

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I would love to put W10 on my 1520 but until people start reporting battery life somewhere near 8.1 on they're 1520s I just can't commit, 2 day battery with normal/heavy use is just a luxury I'm not willing to give up..

Asking just out of curiosity. Why are you looking for 2 days battery life? On the first day do you get the opportunity to be near a power source, like at your office table, home power plug or car charger etc?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Asking just out of curiosity. Why are you looking for 2 days battery life? On the first day do you get the opportunity to be near a power source, like at your office table, home power plug or car charger etc?

For the times like next week when I'll be using REALLY heavy use in Florida using my 1520 daily for 8 straight days to talk, text, post photos, streaming music, GPS for traveling and my Golf GPS yardage app ect.. Days like that I'm on the go all day and having to stop and put it on a charger is not a option. This 1520 on 8.1 will handle the whole day and night, on W10 I highly doubt I'd get to the evening without it hitting critical.. Same holds true when I go to California in march, Outer Banks in July or any day I'm on the go all day..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb