This is an apology to anyone I may have misled.

For some time I've been asserting that the user's handbook is wrong and that the 1520 only has two microphones.

In fact, I realised today that I had made a mistake and incorrectly identified a particular type of component. In fact the 1520 does, indeed, have four microphones. Two face towards you when looking at the screen, and two face towards the back.

The forward-facing ones are used for phone calls (the top one is used when the phone is hands-free), and the back-facing ones I assume are used when recording videos, to provide a stereo soundtrack.

In addition to the four microphones there is a small "speaker" at the top which is used in phone calls for the incoming speech, and there is a larger "speaker" at the bottom which is used for louder sounds like ringing, tones, etc. Originally I thought these "speakers" were dual purpose and also used as microphones (perfectly possible technically).

I'm sorry I got it wrong before, and for any confusion I may have caused.
    01-26-2016 03:29 PM
    Thank you! 😊 We all appreciate your honesty.
    01-26-2016 03:30 PM
    This is an apology to anyone I may have misled.

won-internet.jpg

I've done the mea culpa thing a couple of times in the forums. It doesn't get easier with repetition. Good on you. AND I appreciate the breakdown on what is where.
    01-26-2016 05:04 PM