Straight Talk vs. AT&T Prepaid...any difference?

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
OK, so they're both $45/month. Straight Talk gives one 5GB, AT&T, 2GB w/rollover.
With my 1520.3, would I see the same speed & signal with either?
Is one better/more reliable than the other?
Thanks.

Quilt1520

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Have Straight Talk for almost 2 years. I get 4G speeds. Works great here in Philly. I can make / receive calls / internet underground on the subway. Only AT&T phones could do that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 1520.3 on ST, T-Mo, ST and now Cricket. On the mvno's you can't use hotspot (Cricket now has a $10 a month add on for hotspot). Also your data speed may be capped at 8mbps.

Of the two (Straight Talk vs Cricket), ST will give more data per dollar. Cricket is saving me money since we have 4 lines bundled together. 2GB each for $25 a piece. I live on home WiFi mostly at this point.

With either ATT mvno the signal has been outstanding. It's the reason we moved off of T-Mo (signal and price).

If you don't need 5GB (I almost never did) and can adjust to WiFi as a default, Cricket may actually be a better deal.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually on ST, I have seen speeds as high as 30mbps download. While I have never had Cricket, btwn ST and ATT, to me the biggest difference was customer service. ST's sucks big time, but if you are comfortable handling your own issues, go with ST. my $.02!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb