Finally getting my first windows phone, the Lumia 1520

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys! I just received it awhile ago but I have some issues regarding the sim. The seller said it was unlocked but when I popped my MetroPCS sim card, it has a signal bar with a circle on it and I can't receive any signal at all or use my data or text.

Was it an ATT phone?

If so, do two things: one, contact the seller and ask for the code. two, go to att's unlock page (you can google it), enter your IMEI (do it as a non-att account holder), and you should get it that way. Could take 2 hours up to 2-3 days to get the code.

Hopefully, your seller has it, and just forgot to provide it.

One other thing - I include the unlock code on a piece of paper in the box. I have buyers contacting me regularly, calling me names, saying it's not unlocked. They overlook the paper in the box, thinking it's a packing slip or something.

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Was it an ATT phone?

If so, do two things: one, contact the seller and ask for the code. two, go to att's unlock page (you can google it), enter your IMEI (do it as a non-att account holder), and you should get it that way. Could take 2 hours up to 2-3 days to get the code.

Hopefully, your seller has it, and just forgot to provide it.

One other thing - I include the unlock code on a piece of paper in the box. I have buyers contacting me regularly, calling me names, saying it's not unlocked. They overlook the paper in the box, thinking it's a packing slip or something.

I contacted the seller and asked for my IMEI and I gave it, but I'm still waiting for the reply

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
if the seller doesn't give you the code right away, you can also submit for it yourself at the att unlock site. If you don't get it, then a return is in order.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm so excited to get my 1520:excited: I've been waiting for a very long time and finally it's coming. Coming from Android and iOS, I have never been really satisfied with both OS so I decided to move to windows and give it a chance :smile:

Whhhooo. you in for a real treat.
Initially I would hold off on the W10P, until it has some release candidates.
hmmm....they might have some now....currently running *.107 seems pretty stable. Prior releases had holes so if you do go that route. Get 10.0.10586586.107 or later.
Congrats and good luck. Think your going to like it.

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!😊 I'm enjoying this phone and so far it has been a blast to use and I can't get my hands off this phone😃 I love it so much

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!😊 I'm enjoying this phone and so far it has been a blast to use and I can't get my hands off this phone😃 I love it so much

So glad you like it! I assume you got the unlock problem resolved? Everyone is right... If you're OK with a big phone, the 1520 is a joy to use. Congratulations!

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Congrats, I had Nokia Icon from Verizon but was gonna get the 1520 if att wasn't gonna get the 950 series cause I knew it was a good phone.

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Oops. I Need your help again guys. So, I already unlocked the phone (AT&T gave me the unlock code) but I still have no service (My network is MetroPCS). Does this have to do with apn settings?

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Oops. I Need your help again guys. So, I already unlocked the phone (AT&T gave me the unlock code) but I still have no service (My network is MetroPCS). Does this have to do with apn settings?

Try this...

Dial ##3282#
Enter Field Test Mode
The next screen go to the bottom and click the the three little dots (a.k.a. ellipse bottom right)
Now click network type and change to manual
The next screen, scroll down, make sure all bands are checked especially 1700 and hit back button.

When you go back one screen it should say all bands are active. You can just close it now or go to home screen.

You may need to reboot, but doubtful.

Did that help?

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
The seller said it was unlocked, but when I dialed ##7820#, it was locked. So, I requested an unlock code at AT&T an they gave me the code. I unlocked the phone but I still don't have service.

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I think I found the solution. I did a little research and found out that you need to call MetroPCS so that they can register your new phone into their system

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you steve. When I contacted a microsoft reseller store near my place, they said the screen comes along with LCD display so the cost will be somewhere near 8000 INR(around $116) or more. So it is not possible to just change the front panel instead of the whole lot? I also want to know is there any issues to continue using the phone for a while with the crack until I could arrange the money.

The screen and LCD are glued together in 1520 to improve visibility outdoors, they are not sold separately

AFAIK, the below screen it will be touch digitizer and LCD is placed below the digtizer

The whole setup costs 16k rupees when I enquired last year

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Some are but unless you got a heat gun and some patient's to separate the 2 then I'd get the entire thing and save you the headache. You can YouTube it and do it yourself, just take your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon