Finally getting my first windows phone, the Lumia 1520

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm so excited to get my 1520:excited: I've been waiting for a very long time and finally it's coming. Coming from Android and iOS, I have never been really satisfied with both OS so I decided to move to windows and give it a chance :smile:

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WP. I have been using a 1520 for the last year and a half. It is a good phone and runs W10 without flaw.
The phone will feel very big at first, but grows on you quickly.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP. I have been using a 1520 for the last year and a half. It is a good phone and runs W10 without flaw.
The phone will feel very big at first, but grows on you quickly.

Good choice for a first Windows Phone. What color did you chose? Even by today's standards the 1520 is still a great phone.

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited to get my 1520:excited: I've been waiting for a very long time and finally it's coming. Coming from Android and iOS, I have never been really satisfied with both OS so I decided to move to windows and give it a chance :smile:

Nice choice for your first windows phone. Although this phone is more than 2 yrs old, it can still hold its own against the latest models. One piece of advice, once you get it enrol to be an insider to get windows 10 on that beast. I guarantee that you'll love it.

nabua27

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys! I just received it awhile ago but I have some issues regarding the sim. The seller said it was unlocked but when I popped my MetroPCS sim card, it has a signal bar with a circle on it and I can't receive any signal at all or use my data or text.

VINEETH C

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what's the cost to replace the screen of lumia 1520. Mine got cracked on the outside but seems touch and sensors are still working without any problem.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what's the cost to replace the screen of lumia 1520. Mine got cracked on the outside but seems touch and sensors are still working without any problem.

Just look on eBay - there are lots of them. If you want a service centre to do it, hopefully someone will be along soon who can tell us.

VINEETH C

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you steve. When I contacted a microsoft reseller store near my place, they said the screen comes along with LCD display so the cost will be somewhere near 8000 INR(around $116) or more. So it is not possible to just change the front panel instead of the whole lot? I also want to know is there any issues to continue using the phone for a while with the crack until I could arrange the money.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you steve. When I contacted a microsoft reseller store near my place, they said the screen comes along with LCD display so the cost will be somewhere near 8000 INR(around $116) or more. So it is not possible to just change the front panel instead of the whole lot? I also want to know is there any issues to continue using the phone for a while with the crack until I could arrange the money.
Kindly create a separate thread for your query. Off topic posts or thread hijacking is not permitted. Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720