How can I fix a Lumia 1520 microphone issue?

Jerry Tovar

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 microphone issue

My Lumia 1520 microphone does not work when I attempt to make a phone call. Also, the back button does NOT light up at all and the Windows button lights only about 75% of the time.

The back and Windows button do function, but have the lighting issue.

My main problem is the mic not working for phone calls. Is there a fix for this? Can this be repaired?

My replace plan wants to replace my 1520 with an Android. I don't want the android, I really want to get my 1520 microphone working again if possible.

Any solutions?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 microphone issue

This was unfortunately a problem with the design of the 930 and the 1520. I had it happen to my 1520. I tried tearing it apart and replaced the board that contains the speaker and the LED lights for the buttons, but it didn't fix my problem. The problem is on the main board, so it isn't a simple fix.

dogbreath

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

I fixed mine, took the back off, re-seated the mic and back button light ribonconnector to the mainboard and used several layers of duct tape to squash the connectors to the back cover. Now works fully, mic, back button...the works

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I repaired mine by changing the "USB circuit board", which is the board at the bottom of the phone with the USB port, the three LEDs, the microphone and some stuff for the RF antenna. You can find them on eBay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb