No detailed weather glance in lumia 1520 windows 10

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody able to get detailed weather glance in 1520 with windows 10 similar to what we had at 8.1? I mean full wather glance not jsut one line glance as we see now.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That depends on what weather app you're using as your lock screen provider. In W10M, these are the weather apps* I've tested that work in providing more detailed (not just one line) of weather information in no particular order:
1. Appy Weather
2. Prognoza
3. Umbrella 8
4. Amazing Weather HD
5. Skyline
6. Forecast (by Alexander Wilkens)
7. MoWeather (it worked before, if you can even launch the app)
8. Weather To-Go

*- There could be more, but this is my list after testing over 30 weather apps.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No weather apps are capable in WM10 to show any sort of information on the lock screen Glance similar to 8.1 (Glance 2.0). This is because Microsoft hasn't opened up the API to 3rd party developers neither have they updated their own apps to take advantage of it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No weather apps are capable in WM10 to show any sort of information on the lock screen Glance similar to 8.1 (Glance 2.0). This is because Microsoft hasn't opened up the API to 3rd party developers neither have they updated their own apps to take advantage of it.

Just tested one of the apps (at random) I've listed in post#2, now it's showing lock screen information as my lock screen background image provider in my L1020 running W10M. I must mention, though, that these apps that "work" in W10M are the same apps that worked in WP8.1. If the OP is looking for "new" or those "built for Windows 10" weather apps, then none of those "new" ones provide lock screen information. However, those that worked in WP8.1 still work (after testing) in W10M.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just tested one of the apps (at random) I've listed in post#2, now it's showing lock screen information as my lock screen background image provider in my L1020 running W10M. I must mention, though, that these apps that "work" are the same apps that worked in WP8.1. If the OP is looking for "new" or those "built for Windows 10" weather apps, then none of those "new" ones provide lock screen information. However, those that were in WP8.1

Do any of those apps show up on Glance screen? That's what the OP is asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett