Screen unresponsive

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So I replaced my camera. Since then, the touchscreen isn't working. Did I do something wrong during disassembly/reassembly?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I disassembled/reassembled my 1520 and the same thing happened. I think I might have pinched the LCD cable when I was prying the back off. It's in the trash now.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So you threw away your phone instead of trying to replace the screen (If I assume that's what i'm going to have to do)?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I had already replaced it once. I've probably spent over $400 on repairs since I bought it and didn't feel like throwing good money after bad. It was over two years old and had several other problems so I just gave up on it. I crushed it and threw it out. If the only thing wrong with yours is the screen then it might be worth fixing.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Originally I was getting a "Something went wrong" when attempting to take a picture.
I was hoping replacing the camera module would fix that issue. Now I don't know if it did since my screen is unresponsive.
I hate to pitch it...it's a 1520.3.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You might want to make sure everything is connected tight. I believe the video cable is the flat brown cable near the upper left-hand corner, when you're looking at the back. Maybe it's loose or something. Also check it for signs of physical damage. Mine had a dent in it and I think that's what killed it. These things have been EOL for a while so you can probably pick one up cheap and cannibalize it for parts.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You might want to make sure everything is connected tight. I believe the video cable is the flat brown cable near the upper left-hand corner, when you're looking at the back. Maybe it's loose or something. Also check it for signs of physical damage. Mine had a dent in it and I think that's what killed it. These things have been EOL for a while so you can probably pick one up cheap and cannibalize it for parts.

OK, I found a display/battery combo that I picked up.
Touchscreen is now working, but during reassembly, I guess I did something to the vibration module?
Is is normal when they're peeled off the old display, are they pretty much done for?
I really hate the thought of tearing this apart again...don't wanna press my luck. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium