So I replaced my camera. Since then, the touchscreen isn't working. Did I do something wrong during disassembly/reassembly?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    03-09-2016 01:48 PM
    I disassembled/reassembled my 1520 and the same thing happened. I think I might have pinched the LCD cable when I was prying the back off. It's in the trash now.
    03-09-2016 04:54 PM
    So you threw away your phone instead of trying to replace the screen (If I assume that's what i'm going to have to do)?
    03-09-2016 05:50 PM
    I had already replaced it once. I've probably spent over $400 on repairs since I bought it and didn't feel like throwing good money after bad. It was over two years old and had several other problems so I just gave up on it. I crushed it and threw it out. If the only thing wrong with yours is the screen then it might be worth fixing.
    03-09-2016 06:16 PM
    Originally I was getting a "Something went wrong" when attempting to take a picture.
    I was hoping replacing the camera module would fix that issue. Now I don't know if it did since my screen is unresponsive.
    I hate to pitch it...it's a 1520.3.
    03-09-2016 06:36 PM
    You might want to make sure everything is connected tight. I believe the video cable is the flat brown cable near the upper left-hand corner, when you're looking at the back. Maybe it's loose or something. Also check it for signs of physical damage. Mine had a dent in it and I think that's what killed it. These things have been EOL for a while so you can probably pick one up cheap and cannibalize it for parts.
    03-09-2016 09:37 PM
    You might want to make sure everything is connected tight. I believe the video cable is the flat brown cable near the upper left-hand corner, when you're looking at the back. Maybe it's loose or something. Also check it for signs of physical damage. Mine had a dent in it and I think that's what killed it. These things have been EOL for a while so you can probably pick one up cheap and cannibalize it for parts.
    OK, I found a display/battery combo that I picked up.
    Touchscreen is now working, but during reassembly, I guess I did something to the vibration module?
    Is is normal when they're peeled off the old display, are they pretty much done for?
    I really hate the thought of tearing this apart again...don't wanna press my luck. :)
    03-17-2016 05:53 PM