Hello,
    I am looking for where to find a replacement battery and trusted instructions for the Lumia 1520 or an individual who will do the replacement?
    It is possible for me to do it on my own but I would need detailed instructions as I have little knowledge in real life applications of circuits.

Thanks.
    03-12-2016 04:38 PM
    I emailed a chain called ubreakifix a while back out of curiosity and never heard back from them. Surely it's not harder than a screen swap. It would be nice to find a national chain with a fixed rate.
    03-12-2016 05:24 PM
    it's not too hard. no knowledge of circuits required. there are youtube vids showing it.

if you do it, apply a little (LITTLE - blowdryer type) heat, slide an old credit card under, rinse, repeat. You need a T2 and a T4 screwdriver.

go slow, be careful.
    03-12-2016 06:21 PM
    @gordonfink are there any videos that you recommend? I'm sure there are quite a few to select.
    @halflifecrysis, I would like your input as well.
    Thanks.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    03-18-2016 09:17 AM
    he you tube video I watched shoed you need a torx five screwdriver and there's only one screw to get the case off. There's an inside screw and then you heat the ribbon strip and lift it off of the contact and lift the battery away and put your new battery in stick the ribbon back on the contact put the inner screw back in put the case back on screw the external back on and power up. Just search for battery replacement video and you'll find them. My battery is wonky it tells me the battery is critically low and shuts off and when connected to the charger the battery shows 49 to 79 % charged.
    03-22-2016 05:34 PM