1520.3 Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile (Official) - a microBLOG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My device: Lumia 1520, RM-938_lta_lta_905, Mobile Operator 000-22. This device has never been off official. No Preview for Developers, no Insider Preview. (I love my Beast Phone[SUP]TM[/SUP] way too much to to fiddle with that stuff on here. That's why God invented backup phones.)

I backed up yesterday and nothing has really changed as I've been driving a 640 on Insider Release ring for the past few weeks.

Backup servers appear BUSY as I kept stalling at 16%. Imma go with yesterday's backup.

Could not find Upgrade Advisor with a store search. Luckily I had it earlier and uninstalled it. Found it on "my apps" list and reinstalled. Ran the Upgrade Advisor. It found an Upgrade to Windows 10 immediately.

I have autoinstall for updates turned off. On to Settings > update > update is waiting (I also got a toast notification). Downloading/Installing W10M now...

wp_ss_20160317_0001.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am going to wait, weeks.

10586.164 has proven so stable and nice on the Lumia 640 even without accompanying firmware that I'm going in now. I believe that WDRT will still revert you if there is an issue and that should hold true for at least a week. I wouldn't expect WDRT to get to 10 any sooner. The updates crew is going to be busy as heck.

+ Inquiring users want to know how the process is and what to expect. I'm trying to help out here. :cool:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
10586.164 has proven so stable and nice on the Lumia 640 even without accompanying firmware that I'm going in now. I believe that WDRT will still revert you if there is an issue and that should hold true for at least a week. I wouldn't expect WDRT to get to 10 any sooner. The updates crew is going to be busy as heck.

+ Inquiring users want to know how the process is and what to expect. I'm trying to help out here. :cool:

what is the build expected out of this rollout?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm expecting 10586.164. Insider Release ring has been sitting on that version for a couple weeks.

I'll know more soon. :winktongue:

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
All the listed phones in India are getting all the updates... :) are firmware updates expected though...i hope firmware updates exist...am doubtful abt the performance of the software without some tweaking specific to each of the models...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All the listed phones in India are getting all the updates... :) are firmware updates expected though...i hope firmware updates exist...am doubtful abt the performance of the software without some tweaking specific to each of the models...

My 1520.3 got a firmware bump in January via WDRT. I imagine it was prep for 10. Nothing much really changed and I can think of no reason why it needed firmware that far past the Denim release.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-go-back-wp-8-1-after-installing-wp-10-a.html

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Migrating data...

Reports are coming in that it is .107 and others are going on to report being able to update to .164 immediately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)