1520.3 Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile (Official) - a microBLOG

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I don't think there is anything for you to get. If you are on 10586.164. What is your Firmware version? If it is 02540.00019.15236.45004 then there really is nothing else for you... Again, check your screen against what I show in post #43 and if all your numbers agree what could you possibly find in an update that you don't already have???

Thank you for your help. From the "Extra Info" page it looks like my firmware ends in .45000, so maybe I need a firmware update. (I can't open the link you posted just now. I'll try later next week on my laptop. And if I need an update, I'll roll back to 8.1. Make sense?)

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm familiar with that behavior on my lumia 1520 with windows phone 8.1 too. It takes a longer time to process and save a rich capture image than when this setting is off. Ever since it was avaialable on my phone I have learned to live with it though. I can understand that taking three simulteneously different exposure shots and then stitching them in to one rich capture/hdr photo will remain a processor intensive processor. With that in mind I think the lumia 1520 is doing quite a good job. Hasn't bothered me really because not every shot lends itself to rich capture. So I'm very nitpicky with my rich capture shots and when I use it I take more time and accept it takes longer to process and save. It's similar to the behavior of longer exposure shot like night photography. Those shots on a dslr also take a longer time to process often on a 1:1 ratio with the exposure time.

jptbay

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the feed back. I'm still on the fence about updating my 1520.3 and the wife's 930. Been burned too many times being an early adopter.

Anything stand out that's missing from 8.1 that will drive me crazy? How's the facebook app?

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I keep checking but my 1520.3 is not getting W10M yet. My firmware is not the latest (it ends with 26000), but do I have to manually update it in order to trigger the OS update? I thought Phone Update can pull firmware updates as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help. From the "Extra Info" page it looks like my firmware ends in .45000, so maybe I need a firmware update. (I can't open the link you posted just now. I'll try later next week on my laptop. And if I need an update, I'll roll back to 8.1. Make sense?)

Certainly WDRT will give you the very latest in Firmware. Just plugging in will advise you about what is going to be flashed and you can decide from there. The difference between 45000 and 45004 could be hardware revision or something of that nature.

I'm familiar with that behavior on my lumia 1520 with windows phone 8.1 too. It takes a longer time to process and save a rich capture image than when this setting is off. Ever since it was avaialable on my phone I have learned to live with it though...

Absolutely. There is an adjustment when using Rich Capture. You can't just bang away at the shutter. I'm pretty used to the pauses. What I saw yesterday was definitely a bug though. No controls on the screen and "Saving..." across the middle. It wouldn't resolve, even with patience. Only option was to close the App after waiting at least a minute didn't resolve.

I keep checking but my 1520.3 is not getting W10M yet. My firmware is not the latest (it ends with 26000), but do I have to manually update it in order to trigger the OS update? I thought Phone Update can pull firmware updates as well.

I'd try plugging into WDRT and seeing what it says is available.

Remember this will wipe your data though. Might be worth a try and if it delivers your Firmware upgrade don't bother restoring or setting up. Go straight to Upgrade Advisor and check.

Worst case, you know that your 1520 is primed for upgrade even if you are still on 8.1 and you can reset and restore your backup while you wait for 10 to find you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything stand out that's missing from 8.1 that will drive me crazy? How's the facebook app?

So far just the Camera bug I've mentioned above. Still too much fiddling for me to make a real use assessment of battery.

I don't FaceTwit so I haven't the foggiest.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Any 1520.2 users getting updates?? I have RM-940 AT&T... still no updates available and the upgrade advisor is not available??????

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Same here. I think it won't happen any time soon. I hope they don't ditch us and remove it from W10 selection.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I took some photos today and Camera App seemed to stick on "Saving..." several time when using Rich Capture with a complex lighting situation. I've Soft Reset, but only after I was done with the shoot. I'll keep an eye on this one.

OK... I just took some shots of the sunset. Definitely Rich Capture is jamming up the CPU/RAM with that "Saving..." deal. Without Rich Capture it wasn't bad going shot to shot, but some lag was still evident.

If I use Camera360 Sight on 16MP I can just bang away at the capture button no issues.

I'll look for a solution.

Last edited:

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have 1520-937 and still on .107 and went back to 8.1 but still can not get newer version .
But one thing I like to know is Maps . My current version is 41601.10150.0 but newer updates show version 5.1603.790 . What do you guys have ? Thanks

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
what would you like to know about the firmware?

Was just curious to know about any camera updates, such as the noisey chromatic image on the IPS panel when using the camera in lowlight..

Is the Speaker still nce and loud, any updates to the music player.. just general stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss