1520.3 Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile (Official) - a microBLOG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting, how heavy would you say your usage is roughly? I know that's quite a subjective thing though.

Regarding apps I'd very much agree. It seems to me that most of the messaging apps (messenger, what's app for example) seem to be using a lot of energy as a background process where as the 10 native apps seem to be a bit more comfortable running in the background.

I'm definitely light to moderate on my use... Not much phone call or messaging on an average day. I poke at things a lot: check email, check news, check weather, poke through settings and such to answer questions on the forum accurately... Maybe some games of less than an hour a day. Some photos. I like doing little shoots. I take pics of meals I make, things to sell on teh interwebz, things I see that catch my eye. Imma say that dang Msft Camera App eats battery, wish I could catch the update to see if helps in that regard.

On 8.1 I was ending a day/night/day cycle with 40-50% and then charging that second night. (Every other night left on a Qi stand for 8 hours.) Now it is more like 30-35%

So if I go Insider it will force an up-grade to the official Win-10 or will I be a Beta tester? Thanks, Ed

If you want 10586.164 (Threshold final) get on Insider and choose Release Ring. That is what was just pushed official. Release should not be getting anything further until the first Redstone builds are finalized to push to non-Insiders.

If you want to feel extra safe, get Release Ring and then choose Production which un-enrolls you from Insider.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
So if I go Insider it will force an up-grade to the official Win-10 or will I be a Beta tester? Thanks, Ed

Try downloading the Update Advisor. It should update you to the "production" Windows 10 Mobile. After that, if you want to test the beta Redstone version, put Insider to fast ring. If you are new to this, I suggest you stay on W10M for a while.

freddiet22

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been running the latest builds on my 1520 and the only problem I have is the volume on the alarm. I have a 640 that has the same problem. my 1520 with the latest build is my daily driver. I have found that if some apps don't work reinstall the app. I'm just waiting for the HP X3 Elite . I love win 10

Alexis Mos

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Guys....i was waiting for AT&T as well since I thought that Insider has only Slow n Fast beta previews. But as I read they have released a 3rd option called Release Preview which is actually exactly like the Release on unlocked 1520s etc. In addition, you can exit the Insider program anytime you want and wait again for the future updates from AT&T, if they ever release it. I currently run the same build on my 1520 as on my 535, the 10.586.164.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
the bug with taking rich capture (now HDR) pictures was annoying for me too. I was storing pictures to SD card wich seems to cause the problem. After changing to store pictures to internal memory it still takes some time for storing pictures but now i can edit them afterwards in the foto app.
Would be interesting if a faster SD card could also be a solution to this problem. Mine is class 10 UHS-I

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest Camera with "Forced HDR" and have pics storing to Internal and Living Images also on...

Took some shots outside today, brightest sunlight reflecting off the swimming pool water. Should be a true test, right?

4 fairly rapid shots... The last one went to "Saving..." That only lasted about 10 seconds and didn't lock up the phone so that is progress. Choose the best lighting worked on all 4.

It's getting better. WaaS FTW.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
you could be right, it may be the write speed of the slot. I was reading somewhere that W10m is more challenging for the card.
Yesterday i have upgraded my 1520 to 10586.218 and was testing this bug some more. When i use flash, i can edit the hdr pic always even when it?s stored on card. When i take a picture without flash under low light conditions it fails when stored to card. It?s still ok when stored to internal memory.
Now it seems to me more like a bug in W10m or the camera app. I never had this problem with WM8.1.
Maybee things get even more tricky when i change to .dng

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do use dng... I have other Apps for High Res jpg when I want that.

Updating to .218 right now and I'm not on Insider with my 1520. Delivered right to Factory Unlocked Production. WaaS is working.

Ricardo Gonzalez5

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Somebody can help me with my NokiaLumia 1520 ATT RM940 unlock, I cannot upgrade to windows 10.
- I try to use Windows 10 Advisor update and just reply need to wait (see pic).
- I try with Windows Insider and send SERVER ERROR Data/time. And try to fix with double check date time is ok and turned off glance screen and doesn't work.
- I did Hard Resert and same
My Os ver: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware: 02540.00019.14484.37028
Hardware:4.1.0.0
Chip SOC:8974

Any Idea?

Thanks
wp_ss_20160516_0004.jpg
wp_ss_20160517_0002.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any Idea?

AT&T has not passed on the upgrade yet.

Use Insider App, choose Release Ring and update to 10586.318 (it may take a few checks for update to get there). This is the current Official version as well.

When using Insider for the first time, you have to wait about one minute before accepting (tapping check mark) on the screen saying which build you are getting. Don't know why but that helps...

One you get rolling, drop down to Production if you want to avoid Redstone builds when they come to Release. WaaS will still update you alongside Official.

mrspidey

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I am on AT&T with insider set to release preview and have managed to update to Threshold .318. Battery is better than Redston,e but still nothing close to how it was on wp8.1. Barely lasts 6hrs without any activity and mostly on standby. Still a bit of heat when holding it. Are there any suggestions to improve this or is that how it is for most?

mrspidey

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Give it a day to settle down. Lots of processing going on in the background associated with the OS update.

Hey Andrew.

I have actually had it running for about 8 days and it's still the same. I have uninstalled all unnecessary apps, but it still does barely 6 hrs when being in mostly idle mode. It's almost permanently on charge because of this. I see about 4% every 10 minutes or so if I use it (read mail and browse). I don't even have a simcard in it - it's just on wifi. Heat is there still. There are zero updates from the store.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss