[WM10] Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
So anyone using 14328 missing Hey Cortana?? I mean the app is in extras but It kept telling me I need to turn on Cortana, which it is.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently running 14295.1005 and have several issues:

1) Unable to use the device recovery tool - the tool will discover the device and properly identify it as a Lumia 1520, but will not actually access the phone. After it times out I get an error say "error 0x00000067 Thor2NotResponding" and I have no idea how to address that.
2) Hey Cortana - says that it is not available for my device (Cortana is installed and is working)
3) Navigation key vibration - toggle switch says it is off but it is currently on. When I attempt to change it, it says I need to reboot and will just sit there saying "Rebooting..." for hours and not do anything.

If anyone has any thoughts on any of these I'd love to hear about it! :)

Cabo Blue

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
W10 now on my 1520.
First thing I noticed is how smooth it operates. I expected it to be quirky but generally it works ok.
I don't have a Cell network on it but I do use it on WI-FI.
It had problems with Wi-Fi connecting in 8.1.
I can state that with w10 it resolves the Wi-Fi issues.
No more connection drops.
Apps images are slow to update on the desktop.

Personally, my only desire for the 1520 is if could have a faster processor and faster operation as a whole.
Seems lazy compared to my expectations.
But, overall, w10 seems to have perked it up some.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. When I was in Preview, apps like WhatsApp crashed often, alarm had some sort of noise or sound distorsion. Battey drained so fast with messaging apps. Now, the official AT&T upgrade seems to solve it but battery still bad...

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The only issue I have come across, is that none of the notifications are working - Apps like Twitter, Whatsapp, Telegram, and more... None of them have notifications anymore. The only way, I can receive the messages is when I manually open the app. They need to fix this ASAP.

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I finally found a way to fix it, it took me 3 soft resets to make it work.. I have a lumia 1520, and I pressed on the down volume button + the lock button, and kept my hands no there, even if it rebooted, I kept my fingers on them... When I did that, It gave me a black screen with a "!" explanation mark, then after a few seconds, it loaded everything, and now the push server is working.. Not only that, the games that stopped working, are now working. Facebook messenger, did not even want to load and it worked now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I finally found a way to fix it, it took me 3 soft resets to make it work.. I have a lumia 1520, and I pressed on the down volume button + the lock button, and kept my hands no there, even if it rebooted, I kept my fingers on them... When I did that, It gave me a black screen with a "!" explanation mark, then after a few seconds, it loaded everything, and now the push server is working.. Not only that, the games that stopped working, are now working. Facebook messenger, did not even want to load and it worked now.

Wait... Cold start when holding Volume Down gets you the ! screen which is an intermediate step in Hard Reset and normally from there you would tap Vol Up/Vol Dwn/Pwr/Vol Dwn...

But you cycled through Soft Reset 3 times by just holding steady with Volume Down + Power? It cycled past the ! screen and just booted straight to the OS? It didn't reflash? You lost no data?

Please confirm. This may be something new. I might play with this to see what comes of it...

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Man, my phone is very weird, and it always has been lol - Yeah that is exactly what I did, reset more than 3 time, same exact steps... got the "!" screen, and loaded it up perfectly. I later found out that the "!" is a hard reset and it should of wiped everything.. but for some reason, it did not do it for me. Don't ask how, no Idea... HOWEVER, The issue has come back! notifications will not work on ANY messaging app, or any app... until I manually open them.. Facebook messenger, wont even start, and all my games wont start...
Funny thing too that I just noticed. Anytime I am in my camera, or do anything that has to do with media. The phone pops up with the low battery message and shuts off my phone in 3 seconds... Despite the battery having 99%!! --- after restarting the phone, it only shows I have 4% battery life... after more restarts, it goes back to its normal batter life of 99%... LIKE WTF! loool :confused:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Man, my phone is very weird, and it always has been lol - Yeah that is exactly what I did, reset more than 3 time, same exact steps... got the "!" screen, and loaded it up perfectly. I later found out that the "!" is a hard reset and it should of wiped everything.. but for some reason, it did not do it for me. Don't ask how, no Idea... HOWEVER, The issue has come back! notifications will not work on ANY messaging app, or any app... until I manually open them.. Facebook messenger, wont even start, and all my games wont start...
Funny thing too that I just noticed. Anytime I am in my camera, or do anything that has to do with media. The phone pops up with the low battery message and shuts off my phone in 3 seconds... Despite the battery having 99%!! --- after restarting the phone, it only shows I have 4% battery life... after more restarts, it goes back to its normal batter life of 99%... LIKE WTF! loool :confused:

You might want to eject your SD card and see if it is causing your issues.

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I have safely removed the SD card. Same problem. But when I re-inserted it, and restarted my phone. Everything worked again.. The apps, the notifications.. hmmm.. lets see how long it will last before it goes haywire again lol ^^

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

LOL I knew something had to come up! I swear if Microsoft wants to do any trouble shoots, they need to use my phone.. It has every bug and defect God has ever made haha
Now for some reason, everytime someone sends me a message in any app, the status bar disappears for a few seconds and the clock appears, then the clock disappears and the status bar comes back.. Have any Idea, how to fix that lol --- When watching videos, and someone sends me a message, the clock appears in front of the video haha

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I still think you need to run it without an SD card to see if it straightens out. Not just eject and reseat, eject it and leave it out for a day or two. Any Apps on the SD card should be moved to internal, of course.

Attari

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
And oh yeah.. the same issue I had before came back. notifications are not showing up on my phone anymore... I wish I never updated.

Last edited:

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
After .67 AT&T official update, my Lumia 1520 keeps the same sound noise with the alarm and some notifications. Now, the brightness is messed up. It constantly change from low to mid and I don't have it in auto-brightness.

feorwine

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
My 1520 has a bug on the Outlook app. If I try to reply an email, I can write it, but I can't correct the text or send the mail unless I go back to the "Draft" folder to open the reply email.
I have the .189 update. Has anyone experienced this?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I find that my bottom 3 back/home/Cortana buttons do not light up anymore.

Also, when I get a message/alert the screen does not wake up (I have to hit the power button to see it, you have to be quick!).

Also, my proximity/light sensor doesn't seem to work. When I am on a phone call and need to hang up, when I pull it away from my face it the screen doesn't come on. I have to hit the power button (twice!) to make the screen come on so I can hang up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb