Debating on tempered glass vs. a basic film-type screen protector.
    I'll have a case of some sort, of course, but since there wasn't an Otterbox made for these, i'm trying to improvise.
    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    03-30-2016 05:57 PM
    A glass screen protector is thicker, may not reach the edges but protects from cracks as well as scratches.

The normal film protector only protects from scratches.

Unless its crazy expensive, I would definitely recommend glass if you're drop prone.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-30-2016 06:24 PM
    Tempered Glass, FTW.

Tons of suggestions, tips, links, etc. in here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tempered+glass
    mary beth hale and Tullphan like this.
    03-30-2016 06:36 PM
    Tempered glass always
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-30-2016 06:38 PM
    I have never used a screen protector, putting my faith in the gorilla glass. No scratches or problems. I prefer the "feel" of a touch screen without a screen protector.

I keep my 1520 in the WindowsCentral store faux leather horizontal holster when it's in my pocket, so that helps to keep it protected from scratches.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    03-30-2016 09:44 PM
    I have never used a screen protector, putting my faith in the gorilla glass. No scratches or problems. I prefer the "feel" of a touch screen without a screen protector.

I keep my 1520 in the WindowsCentral store faux leather horizontal holster when it's in my pocket, so that helps to keep it protected from scratches.
    The 1520 has a fragile screen. My buddy has one and his three year old daughter dropped it on the floor while she was walking in Home Depot and shattered the screen. $150 later, he has a brand new screen. I have another buddy who dropped his while getting out of his car, it landed on the face and crack goes the screen.

Both my 640 XL & my wife's 640 have tempered glass and they have saved our screens from some catastrophic drops. I'll spend $25 on a screen protector versus $150 for a new screen.
    03-30-2016 10:21 PM
    Both my 640 XL & my wife's 640 have tempered glass and they have saved our screens from some catastrophic drops. I'll spend $25 on a screen protector versus $150 for a new screen.
    I agree, that s the beauty of a TG protector. They often times absorb all of a hit that would damage a screen. I don't dare let my wife run around without one on her phone.

Tom Snyder likes this.
    03-30-2016 11:34 PM
    I'm not using one on my 1520. I like the bare screen feeling. Besides the glass is tough enough to withstand minor scratches but not a fall. If the screen were flat like the 950 or 650 then I would have definitely put a TG on but since it's curved I don't want dust accumulating around the edges...I am too OCD about my devices, want them to be clean :)
    RJ Priest likes this.
    03-31-2016 12:10 AM
    I use a Skinomi film screen protector, genuine Nokia case & my L930 is insured via my bank account. Im on my 2nd case as the first finally gave up after saving the phone from a drop. Several of my i phone owning friends use the tempered glass screen protectors & most have broken at least 1. The tempered glass screen protectors just look thick & ugly IMHO.
    03-31-2016 12:12 AM
    Check out Mr Shield tempered glass screen protectors at Amazon. I have them on 3 BlackBerries and a Lumia 950. It is inexpensive and has an awesome waranty. If you mess up putting it on they send you a new one right away. The feel is even more comfortable that the original glass and I don't worry about keys or other stuff hitting the screen.
    If you break it they replace it.
    04-04-2016 10:32 PM