Anyone use a screen protector?

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Debating on tempered glass vs. a basic film-type screen protector.
I'll have a case of some sort, of course, but since there wasn't an Otterbox made for these, i'm trying to improvise.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A glass screen protector is thicker, may not reach the edges but protects from cracks as well as scratches.

The normal film protector only protects from scratches.

Unless its crazy expensive, I would definitely recommend glass if you're drop prone.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector, putting my faith in the gorilla glass. No scratches or problems. I prefer the "feel" of a touch screen without a screen protector.

I keep my 1520 in the WindowsCentral store faux leather horizontal holster when it's in my pocket, so that helps to keep it protected from scratches.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector, putting my faith in the gorilla glass. No scratches or problems. I prefer the "feel" of a touch screen without a screen protector.

I keep my 1520 in the WindowsCentral store faux leather horizontal holster when it's in my pocket, so that helps to keep it protected from scratches.

The 1520 has a fragile screen. My buddy has one and his three year old daughter dropped it on the floor while she was walking in Home Depot and shattered the screen. $150 later, he has a brand new screen. I have another buddy who dropped his while getting out of his car, it landed on the face and crack goes the screen.

Both my 640 XL & my wife's 640 have tempered glass and they have saved our screens from some catastrophic drops. I'll spend $25 on a screen protector versus $150 for a new screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Both my 640 XL & my wife's 640 have tempered glass and they have saved our screens from some catastrophic drops. I'll spend $25 on a screen protector versus $150 for a new screen.

I agree, that s the beauty of a TG protector. They often times absorb all of a hit that would damage a screen. I don't dare let my wife run around without one on her phone.

:winktongue:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using one on my 1520. I like the bare screen feeling. Besides the glass is tough enough to withstand minor scratches but not a fall. If the screen were flat like the 950 or 650 then I would have definitely put a TG on but since it's curved I don't want dust accumulating around the edges...I am too OCD about my devices, want them to be clean :)

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I use a Skinomi film screen protector, genuine Nokia case & my L930 is insured via my bank account. Im on my 2nd case as the first finally gave up after saving the phone from a drop. Several of my i phone owning friends use the tempered glass screen protectors & most have broken at least 1. The tempered glass screen protectors just look thick & ugly IMHO.

OTCHRussell

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Check out Mr Shield tempered glass screen protectors at Amazon. I have them on 3 BlackBerries and a Lumia 950. It is inexpensive and has an awesome waranty. If you mess up putting it on they send you a new one right away. The feel is even more comfortable that the original glass and I don't worry about keys or other stuff hitting the screen.
If you break it they replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss