Downgrade to 1520 from 950 XL?? Should I?

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I just bought an iPhone SE as my daily driver, but I realized that I just can't let go of WM10.. Should I "downgrade" to 1520?? I know that the 1520 is still supported for future builds so I'm not worried about it not being supported unless MS pull another "compatibility excuse"

Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

FloMoTion

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I couldnt swithc to the 950XL because of the size. On paper it is only a few centi inches but when I held it the experiences wasn't what I wanted although I would have gotten an upgrade specswise.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll just keep the XL as much as I want the 1520. I'll buy one someday when it hits below $150. :)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I still like my 1520, and my wife has one too which she really likes. She had 3 iPhone's through the years prior to the 1520 her last was a iPhone 5s, its battery life was horrible. I rib her every now and then and ask if she wants to go back to a new iPhone and I get a resounding NO. Both of ours are still on W 8.1 and I don't know if I ever want to go to 10, everything works to good on 8.1 to have a desire to find out what won't work after going to W10. I do not think Android or Apple's Mobile OS is even close to being as easy to navigate or as slick as Windows Mobile. I do not see any new phone that I desire even if it was free to lay down my 1520, it looks like I'll ride it off into the sunset now because I don't see anything yet announced in the future either comparable to the 1520. :wink:

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally had time to play with my 1520 and so far, I like the 1520 especially with the 14328! Snappy as hell, except for some RARE "loading..."

Things I'm happy about:
  • Double Tap to Wake!!
  • That gorgeous 6" screen
  • The design is definitely a Lumia

The things I'm not happy
  • "Hey Cortana..." is not working (Turn on Cortana bug; possibly due to the latest update)
  • occasional phantom touch, which i still need to investigate further if it is indeed phantom touch or user error
  • the camera is not as fast or better than the 950xl (as I expected)

Conclusion: I'll keep the 1520; I may sell the 950XL.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You could try turning off double tap to wake. I've heard others say they've had success like that. Alternatively, you could turn off key vibration.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
You could try turning off double tap to wake. I've heard others say they've had success like that. Alternatively, you could turn off key vibration.

I like the double tap to wake though. So far phantom touch rarely happens. I think it's more of a user error. Also build 14328 is still great. Again some occasional bugs like I wasn't getting text notifications but a soft reset fixed it. Messaging everywhere is spotty. It works whenever it wants too.

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Um experiecing ghost touch too during the previews build but now that I'm in the latest build .. I barely notice the ghost touch.

Love,
Ino Sanchez @lumia1520W10mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos