My Issues w/ 1520 on W10M

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This is just my personal experience and many of you may not experience this

I wouldn't feel good without sharing a very important find. I'm going to use Bullet points to make it clear and brief:

I have personally discovered that Windows 10 Mobile Preview or other IS NOT Designed for our wonderful Unique ( and now Rare Devices) Microsoft is not going to tell you this.

• I installed the 10Preview when it was 1st available loved it and marveled at the advances !

• My battery began to drain and become unusable

• Device would shut down due to lack of power , Battery Died and I ended up abandoning my beloved device I went in on my contract to get an ATT Lumia 950

• 950 is Great device, but I could never adjust to smaller size

• Went on Ebay purchased a Nokia replacement battery and REPLACED IT MYSELF following a fantastic brief video tutorial on YouTube

• Placed the battery into my Nokia 1520 with Window 10 Mobile Preview

• Battery worked , but device drained WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING 36.04 per hour

• Decided to revert back to 8.1 using the WDRT

AS OF THIS WRIGHTING, THE DEVICE IS FASTER THAN MY 950 AND THE BATTERY ( WITH HEAVEY HEAVY USE IS AT 78 % GOING ON 11 HOURS!!!!!

I miss windows Phone 10. It has some Awesome features . It works best on a Device designed for it. Keep your Nokia Lumia 1520 RUNNING 8.1.. Wait for the HP or Surface Larger Phablet that is Designed for "Power Hungry Windows Phone 10 OS"

* ** This is just my personal experience and many of you may not experience this

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes ,, I did a hard reset.. Thanks for responding.. I was hoping that there was a solution .. that's why I emphasized " My Personal opinion" I would love to use Wm 10 on my 1520

My personal experience is exactly the opposite. In fact the only reason I'm still using the 1520 is because of WM10.

This is good to hear.. I really want to do the same. What is your battery life. I'm still going and its been 16 hours , Downloading Texting , Music Apps upgrade , Talking and I am at 33 %

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
did you ever hard reset the phone after install? That helps with a lot of issues and quirks that pop up.

I'm going to try it again.. I really love the direction that 10 is going into. I will make sure to hard reset ( as you suggested ) I still have my 950 .. But the real estate of the 1520 is AMAZING ( having been away from it) . I hope as PANKAJ981 said .. I am proved Wrong... I want WM 10 on my 1520 and Good Battery life. If not ,I will post an update.. If anyone else has experienced the same or opposite please post to this thread

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am usually on 25-30% battery around 11PM after I'm off charge at 7AM. I'm pretty heavy WhatsApp and WC user and I do this on LTE.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
my 1520 is running the 10586 for a while now. Battery life feels the same like with W8.1
I have turned off all unnessesary background apps in the settings, that may help you also.
Maybe the Nokia replacement battery from ebay was not an OEM part?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is just my personal experience and many of you may not experience this

As you yourself state in the opening sentence of the thread... And as confirmed by user input...

This is not a "universal" issue that all 1520 users need to be "warned" about.

Title edited for clarity.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with battery life on W10M, and had no choice but downgrade back to 8.1
Battery life on 1520 with 8.1 is nothing but amazing! I go through the day off-charge.

I think that's a firmware issue that will be fixed any-time soon, or at least i hope.

A critical feature like, call recording is also missing on 1520.

My normal use on the 1520. as you can see 2 days with out charging!
I turn off the phone during the night.

wp_ss_20160407_0001.jpg

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE Good News

1st Thanks to taking time to read my post and giving my great advice. I was happy to see that not everyone was experiencing the same thing.

• I took your great advice and re installed WM10 on my 1520
  • I made sure to do a ' HARD RE-SET"
  • I DID a clean installation
  • The battery life is just as great!!!

I love this forum and the great readers who care enough to respond and be frank and share your view and help

THE 1520 IS THE BEST Phone / Phablet and I couldn't be happier. I apologize and I was wrong ..

viitamik

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
A week ago I updated my 1520 with W10 Mobile. Battery issues from the very first day, even if I disabled all background nonsense. The battery life was something like 5-6 hrs max. In addition, after shooting 10 sec video the phone said goodbye but after switching on again, the battery level was 60% (before the video it was like 80%) .

Now back in 8.1 and no problem with battery life:1-1,5 days depending on the usage.

In addition the positioning had also some issues: the accuracy was great e.g. when using Endomondo with 8.1 (before and after W10M), but with W10M.. a total mess after 10-15 min of tracking. No power savings on.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
A week ago I updated my 1520 with W10 Mobile. Battery issues from the very first day, even if I disabled all background nonsense. The battery life was something like 5-6 hrs max. In addition, after shooting 10 sec video the phone said goodbye but after switching on again, the battery level was 60% (before the video it was like 80%) .

Now back in 8.1 and no problem with battery life:1-1,5 days depending on the usage.

In addition the positioning had also some issues: the accuracy was great e.g. when using Endomondo with 8.1 (before and after W10M), but with W10M.. a total mess after 10-15 min of tracking. No power savings on.

From what you mention, something is definitely wrong with your device. 5-6 hours after disabling background process is worse than a Lumia 920's battery :p (I owned one for long).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo