Unable to intall Windows 10 mobile on my 1520

nfsleo07

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am writing this post after a lot of failed attempts to install Windows 10 on my 1520. I have tried normal upgrade process, I have tried insider program but I am still unable to install Windows 10.
The issue is that while the installation happens, the phone gets stuck at those rotating cog wheels. After some time, the phone restarts and it starts installing again. This happens 1-2 times again after which the phone boots up with the old (Win 8.1) OS with the error message "Unable to install updates. Please try again" error.
I have tried Windows device recovery tool, but installs Windows 8.1 only not windows 10.
Please tell me if there is any other way to install windows 10 on my device via flashing or anything else.

Thanks!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When you use DRT, try not using a restore but just a clean login. If you still have issues then, could be some kind of hardware issue. You will need to reach out to Microsoft support, although until it is available OTA you don't know that it isn't a specific provider firmware issue that hasn't been addressed for your carrier.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am writing this post after a lot of failed attempts to install Windows 10 on my 1520. I have tried normal upgrade process, I have tried insider program but I am still unable to install Windows 10.
The issue is that while the installation happens, the phone gets stuck at those rotating cog wheels. After some time, the phone restarts and it starts installing again. This happens 1-2 times again after which the phone boots up with the old (Win 8.1) OS with the error message "Unable to install updates. Please try again" error.
I have tried Windows device recovery tool, but installs Windows 8.1 only not windows 10.
Please tell me if there is any other way to install windows 10 on my device via flashing or anything else.

Thanks!

WDRT is intended for recovering phones to their original state as out of the box. Only Win10 born phone got Win10 WDRT
Did you got a sd card inside? Move all apps pn phone, then remove and retry via official Upgrade advisor.
Remember:
1 - you can do only via wifi
2 - you must leave charger plugged

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)