Screen rotation Lumia 1520

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine's way sensitive.i can't tilt the phone a little because it's already changing. Wanna trade? Lol, but seriously, soft reset the phone holding the device upward without moving it. If that doesn't help, reset the phone, usually that takes care of most issues, Good luck.

rufus07

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Fixed. Solution for my mobile was:

1. Go to 'Settings'
2. Select 'Privacy policy'
3. Select 'Location'
4. Select the app 'Map' (using location) and/or the app Her (using location).
5. Turn off the location.
6. Re-boot the mobile.
7. Check rotation (if working, turn on the location on the app 'Map'.
8. Re-boot the mobile.
9. If rotation is still working OK you might try to turn on the location on the app 'Her' as well. Peronally I have left out 'Her' as the app will not be updated in the future on W10.

Not sure why this should have anything to do with rotation problems, however it might be connected to the Compass needle.

Note: This is not a permanent fix. Happens again after a short period of re-booting the mobile. Very annoying.
Must have something to do with the positioning issue (Maps or other apps using this).
Anyone comment on this?

Last edited:

Dutchheuf

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same issue, actually I have a few issues. Rotation not working, error code when trying to save photos, whatsapp photos are crap and above all my microphone for phonecalls not working. The latest update solved the rotation issues as well as the issue with saving photos. Seems that the camera is now functioning well.

Microphone still not working for phonecalls. Have to use a headset. I have tested the microphone with voicerecorder and that works! Guess it is probably the hardware issue, the "USB circuit board". I could try to have my local repair guy to replace that but I still hope that I am wrong and that another solution is possible or available.

Ideas welcome.
Robert

icdvk

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

Just had the rotation issue on my 1520 and indeed switching of the location setting from Maps seems to solve it (for now). Still working after switching it on, let's see how long it lasts.

Fixed. Solution for my mobile was:

Note: This is not a permanent fix. Happens again after a short period of re-booting the mobile. Very annoying.
Must have something to do with the positioning issue (Maps or other apps using this).
Anyone comment on this?

I have seen as solution to disconnect the battery for 10 seconds which is like a hardware reset on the sensors. This is not possible on a 1520 however. Personally I would prefer the be able to block all updates. I recently found on a W8 device updated to W10, after the firt update, Here Maps still worked. A few updates later it stopped. Microsoft updates usually do more harm then good for the user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa