No 'Weather' app in lock screen.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I did a lot of research but still couldn't find a solution. The MSN Weather app DOESNT show on the lock screen setting? Actually, none of the weather apps show up.

I want to have the glance weather thing ..but just can't. Can any one help?

Thanks!

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
We can't get the lock screen and glance screen behavior as in WP 8/8.1.
Sadly, Microsoft had degraded these functionalities, hope they listen to uservoice and feedback to give us the options back.

Any ways, there are following possibilities to come close to the behavior you're asking:

1. Set Weather app to show detailed status on lock screen, however it will just be a line of summary, nothing more.
2. Use some third party app like Lockmix (free with possibility to add weather widget with weather source same as MSN weather).
Then set Lockmix as the default lock screen app, and select option to show Lock screen background picture in Glance screen (supposing you're on latest Insider build with new Glance settings).
This will show your lock screen with weather widget as Glance screen. That's the closest I managed to get with available options.

Not exactly like it used to be in WP8/8.1 days, but yeah, what else can we do.
If someone else knows any other way, please share.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
We can't get the lock screen and glance screen behavior as in WP 8/8.1.
Sadly, Microsoft had degraded these functionalities, hope they listen to uservoice and feedback to give us the options back.

Any ways, there are following possibilities to come close to the behavior you're asking:

1. Set Weather app to show detailed status on lock screen, however it will just be a line of summary, nothing more.
2. Use some third party app like Lockmix (free with possibility to add weather widget with weather source same as MSN weather).
Then set Lockmix as the default lock screen app, and select option to show Lock screen background picture in Glance screen (supposing you're on latest Insider build with new Glance settings).
This will show your lock screen with weather widget as Glance screen. That's the closest I managed to get with available options.

Not exactly like it used to be in WP8/8.1 days, but yeah, what else can we do.
If someone else knows any other way, please share.

Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't know about this. Why would something like a lock screen functionality be degraded is something beyond me. Nonetheless hoping Microsoft realizes we need it back and integrate it back...thanks again!

sebnet

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I also had the MSN weather app on the lock screen and have been researching how to get it again after upgrading to windows 10. I can't believe such a basic functionality has been "degraded"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb