Why does the keyboard cover the text input area in text messaging?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does the keyboard cover the text input area in text messaging?

Have a Nokia 1520, updated to Windows 10. As of yesterday, when I try to write a text, the keyboard covers the text input area unless I turn the phone to landscape mode. Never did this before. Thought it was a glitch so I reset, but still does it. Any ideas?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does the keyboard cover the text input area in text messaging?

The question is are running a insider build or public build of windows 10?

To check which version your phone updated to go to settings and at the top in search type "about" and then tap more info once you have launched the "about" option.

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

gregsedwards

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I've found that happens occasionally, mostly with older apps that have not been optimized for Windows 10 Mobile. Remember that the keyboard hasn't always been resizable/moveable, so those apps may be hard-coded with layout options that put the input field in odd places, such as right behind the keyboard. Even Microsoft's Facebook app did this to me until recently. If a specific app is causing the issue, I'd recommend getting in touch with the app publisher to let them know as well.

lilly diamond

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

BEST ANSWER-- Tap space bar twice and HOLD until a line outlines the keyboard and then move it up or down to your preferred placement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs