(Unexplainable?) Headphones problem, any help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

(Unexplainable?) Headphones problem

OK. So, I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 and its earbuds were working fine since I got the phone 2 years ago. Then, these earbuds started to disconnect and reconnect with the phone without even touching the cable or the plug, ex:- Listening to a song for exactly 10 seconds then pauses as if it detected the earbuds were disconnected, and the button of the earbud isn't responding to pausing or playing the song.
Add to that when I insert the earbuds not all the way, to a point I can hear a creeking sound and decreased volume but can listen from it, without the glitching problem were it disconnects and reconnects and.
I tried to use the earbuds on a Samsung phone and a Laptop and works flawlessly, no glitching or anything.
BUT I tried the earbuds on an Archos android phone (two actually) and they don't detect the earbuds altogether.
I lost hope and bought new headphones, Nokia Coloud Boom, and they were working perfectly for A MONTH.
And the glitching happened for the headphones and the button isn't responding, after the wire was stretched for a second, to a point where the phone detects it and disconnects after a time, not reading the headphones at all.
Still, the headphones is detected on my Laptop and Samsung phones and working properly, but not even recognized on Archos or Sony phones. Extremely frustrating.
Oh, and I tried cleaing the input jack of the phone and using different headphones, Samsung earbuds, and works with no problem or glitching.
I returned the headphones for warranty and received it after 3 days, stating it is working with no problems, as they tried it on a laptop and an LG phone, despite I stated the problems 4 to 5 times for the customer service that the headphones isn't working on specific devices and used to do so.
Yes, I know the problem is headphones related, but I noticed it with my windows phone at first always.
Any explanation is desired, and I appreciate anyone considering helping.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Take a toothpick and poke it in the jack, and make sure there is no dust or debris in there. It might take a couple pokes, and use care not to break the toothpick. You can also VERY lightly blow on the hole. This MIGHT MIGHT fix your problem.

Ahmed El-deeb

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Take a toothpick and poke it in the jack, and make sure there is no dust or debris in there. It might take a couple pokes, and use care not to break the toothpick. You can also VERY lightly blow on the hole. This MIGHT MIGHT fix your problem.

Hey, thanks for your answer. I'm the one who created this thread just before I could recover my account.
I tried even cleaning it with a Q-tip and it really cleaned a lot, but the debris wasn't the problem.
In fact, the problem isn't with the phone at all as I tried another earbud and works perfectly.
I think the problem is with the earbuds and the headphones, yet I can't find a valid reason why this happens.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey, thanks for your answer. I'm the one who created this thread just before I could recover my account.
I tried even cleaning it with a Q-tip and it really cleaned a lot, but the debris wasn't the problem.
In fact, the problem isn't with the phone at all as I tried another earbud and works perfectly.
I think the problem is with the earbuds and the headphones, yet I can't find a valid reason why this happens.

Not that this helps you, BUT I have had issues with certain headphones and my iPhone. Some just work better than others, could be a related issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes