Genuine LCD Replacement from Ebay

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey there Everyone,

So I just very recently replaced the battery of my more than two year old Nokia Lumia 1520 and I am so glad that it got its endurance back.
But with age and use another problem came up and it appears there's something wrong with the LCD.

WP_20160912_10_15_47_Pro.jpg WP_20160912_10_15_15_Pro.jpg

If you look closely at the bottom part of the screen, what is supposed to be at the top is appearing at the bottom.
According to a 3rd party technician he said it's either it was dropped or flexed too much.

I handle my devices with care and don't recall it ever being abused, it's just time I guess.

I'm now on the hunt for a replacement LCD and looking at Ebay, I'm not sure here which one is genuine?
Do these replacements have the same quality?

Here are some I'm looking at

Front LCD Touch Digitizer Screen Assembly Replacement for Nokia Lumia 1520 Black | eBay

For Nokia Lumia 1520 Front Touch Panel Digitizer LCD Screen Assembly Replacement | eBay

New Black Nokia Lumia 1520 LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly | eBay

This is the cheapest I found.
Nokia Lumia 1520 LCD Touch Screen Assembly w Frame | eBay

Technicians with experience, how do I find the orginal LCD specially made for the Lumia 1520 or one that matches the orginal quality?

TIA

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I have seen multiple cases of display problems with lumia 1520. A microsoft forums community moderator mentioned in one of his posts tat " The 1520 suffers from a lot of screen problems due to lower quality components as a result of cost cutting." Actual forum here:> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...rs-hangs/14096d6c-98d1-4fe3-bb31-690cae4555a6

honestly, i have never got a display replacement on my own and have always gone to microsoft service center for that. Though i have had only one such incident where i got a hairline crack on the display of my lumia 520 , went straight to Nokia care and got i it fixed. Usually third party technicians dont give warranties and cant be relied upon for quality servicing. The one time permanent fix visit to a nokia care and multiple time visit to the 3rd party technician is what i fear the most.

Dared

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
What you've found on eBay is not the complete housing unit. Nokia does not sell the part like this, so the chances of you getting a genuine item are quite slim in my opinion (it seems you've found just the glass/digitiser/lcd part) without the housing). Places like rounded.com and stellatech.com sell the genuine housing unit, but it will cost you quite a bit

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I had good luck buying a used item on Ebay. It's perfect with no scratches or defects. Cost 37 bucks. Tried one of the 55 dollar new ones and it was garbage. Returned it. If you can find used in good condition this seems to be the best bet.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
ebay is hit or miss, but you can return it if you don't like it.

I would suggest getting one with frame on it - it makes the install go much easier than recycling the frame from the old one.

The most common things I find are: DOA; double tap to wake doesn't work; not glued all the way down on the sides.

About 1 in 3 is a return for me due to the above, which is frustrating.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, get one with a frame on it for sure. The problem with many of the ebay new models is that they use an aftermarket digitizer that's really thin. The phone lcd is too flexible and discolors when you touch it. You can order an OEM part but it doesn't come with a frame. I think the best option is to find a good condition used unit with frame. On a side note it's easy to mess up the vibration motor when doing a screen swap. The pins that connect to the motor are very sensitive and removing the mothorboard can cause them to no longer make proper contact.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
the trick to removing the battery is to use an old credit card, hotel room key, or something like that. use that to slide under and loosen it up. anything else breaks the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs