My 1520 has dark circles!

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
That's a hardware issue, a system roll-back would not help, although you're welcome to try it just to rule that out.

But I faced this white spot issue. It is caused by the vibration motor, as the phone is really thin and the components are really close together.
The touch issues are also because of the size of the phone and the display assembly.

I got my 1520's display (just the LCD panel I believe) replaced as there were 2 white spots, and after an year or so, again I see one spot beginning to show up.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's a hardware issue, a system roll-back would not help, although you're welcome to try it just to rule that out.

But I faced this white spot issue. It is caused by the vibration motor, as the phone is really thin and the components are really close together.
The touch issues are also because of the size of the phone and the display assembly.

I got my 1520's display (just the LCD panel I believe) replaced as there were 2 white spots, and after an year or so, again I see one spot beginning to show up.

Well here is something more peculiar. This isn't seen at all if my phone is OFF Auto Brightness. ONLY if I put the device in Auto Brightness and when the dimness goes really low, like almost zero, you can see this.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
You can check more by doing LCD Color test, using app such as Hardware Tests.
In some colors such as White, you would see the bleeding more clearly.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You can check more by doing LCD Color test, using app such as Hardware Tests.
In some colors such as White, you would see the bleeding more clearly.

Guess what. The white screen was absolutely normal. A little bleeding on top, but nothing to complain about. It has been like this since a long time. Is this an onset of something much worse? Then I will sell of my Lumia today. I don't want to or have the money to replace the display.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Guess what. The white screen was absolutely normal. A little bleeding on top, but nothing to complain about. It has been like this since a long time. Is this an onset of something much worse? Then I will sell of my Lumia today. I don't want to or have the money to replace the display.

Good to know that the screeen looked normal :)

I was focusing more on the issue which is highlighted in the 2nd video, the white spot thing.
It's not so annoying, just a little bit on White background.

Not sure if this could be an onset of something bigger, but you can't predict anything with electronics, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss