No reaction to touch, picture shaking, anybody else?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
This started happening randomly after the (productive) cumulative update of W10 Anniversary Update. The phone stops reacting to touch and the screen starts to shake quickly up and down. Turning the screen off and then back on fixes the problem till it happens again. I thought this is a software problem as it coincided with the update, but now I am not that sure if it's not my trusty Lumia shuffling off this mortal coil. Did anybody else have the same? What is it?

rlouie001

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I also have some problems after the W10 AU. I started to have the phantom touch and once in a while the camera app launches automatically. To fix this, I pressed the on/off button and start over. I think this is software related problem. I hope future updates will resolve these issues. Even though with these minor problems the phone is still working.

jikelly

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if y'all'd seen this article Possible 'fix' for Lumia 1520 tap and scroll problem linked to flexing the screen | Windows Central

I can confirm that there is something to the authors idea about this being a hardware issue due to screen flexing. My phone case putts pressure on the phone at the top and bottom. My screen was acting crazy with the phantom touch thing so much so that I had to stop using the Lumia 1520 which I did really really like. Once I took the case off the phone stopped acting crazy. Maybe it's because this case design presses on the top and bottom of the phone. https://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Double...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3579959

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs