Just replaced battery with official replacement on my 1520.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It just seems to coincidental that my original battery was starting to fail when I did the windows advisor to get windows phone 10 on my phone. After reading this forum I had the same symptoms with battery discharge from 100 to 80% then dead. I ordered an official battery replacement for my 1520 the new battery is dated 12/2014 a year younger than my old battery. I got the new battery to come with the tools too. It was not that hard to replace although I tore the foil tape that partially covers the battery but I managed to peice back together. The phone does power up and work as I am typing this now through it. I think we not suppose to use those fast chargers on the Nokia batteries it wears then out quicker maybe? I will just use the Nokia charger be it slower charge but maybe it will make the battery happier. If I run into any issues I will post them here.

PS. One thing I did notice the old battery was a bit swollen. The new one is flat.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
One thing I did notice the old battery was a bit swollen. The new one is flat.

anytime you observe that, its time to replace the battery or it could cause injuries or damage to phone.

I think we not suppose to use those fast chargers on the Nokia batteries it wears then out quicker maybe? I will just use the Nokia charger be it slower charge but maybe it will make the battery happier. If I run into any issues I will post them here.

there is always a debate on the type of charging that is best for lithium ion batteries and after going through multiple articles i have come to a conclusion that charging slow makes the battery last longer that using a quick-charge in term of life years and not not only charging but the discharging rate is also a big factor to decide the longevity of a battery.

Last edited:

950XL

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Where did you purchase your OEM 1520 battery?

I'm looking for an OEM gorilla glass for my 1520.

Also looking for licensed, reputable repair center to install the glass.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I can only tell you about the battery. I got mine from Ebay seller htcacc the description said it was a genuine Nokia battery (Nokia bandit), shipping does take a while but when I got it it looked like my old battery except for a year stamp being 1 year newer than mine. It seemed fairly simple enough to install with the tools supplied and I found a you tube video on how to do it. Since install of the new battery I had no issues with it so far. My Lumia 1520 has been on windows 10 and working as well as expected.
As for a repair center I looked into that and it seems they wont touch my version the Lumia 1520.3 since im in the USA so I decided to do the repair myself. I simply searched with google. For the glass you might want to look up you tube video on it you might want to see if you want to attempt it. Thank fully I got mine in a case with a lip around the edge of the phone so I drop it the screen never touches the floor/ground.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Glass only is pretty hard to do on this one. Lots of LCD there to separate. Replacing the whole LCD assembly is not very hard, and the prices on the whole assembly have dropped to the point that it's hard to justify paying someone to do a glass only repair.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Not too hard to replace the battery in this phone. Any questions - ask away. I've done about a dozen of them.

Hey, I know this is an old post but if you wouldn't mind, could you give a guide to replacing the battery or point me in the direction to the best guide you have seen. Appreciate any help you can provide

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I know this is an old post but if you wouldn't mind, could you give a guide to replacing the battery or point me in the direction to the best guide you have seen. Appreciate any help you can provide

I found a youtube video. If you search there, there's plenty of them. I use an old credit card to slide under the old one to loosen the adhesive. If you're lucky, you'll get the old one w/o damage, and leave the adhesive behind for your replacement.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
It's interesting to hear that people have managed to get reputable batteries off of ebay. Oftentimes, you always hear stories about how people have been bummed from fake batteries sold by ebay vendors. Then again, I guess it ultimately boils down to who the seller is, and where they are located.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Since this topic was updated I thought I would update my status on my lumia 1520 and the new battery I installed last October. Still going strong and no problems to report at this time with the battery. I can probably get two days out of a full charge with light to moderate use. Im happy I got it and I was able to do myself.

ThePaladinTech

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I can only tell you about the battery. I got mine from Ebay seller htcacc the description said it was a genuine Nokia battery (Nokia bandit), shipping does take a while but when I got it it looked like my old battery except for a year stamp being 1 year newer than mine. It seemed fairly simple enough to install with the tools supplied and I found a you tube video on how to do it. Since install of the new battery I had no issues with it so far. My Lumia 1520 has been on windows 10 and working as well as expected.
As for a repair center I looked into that and it seems they wont touch my version the Lumia 1520.3 since im in the USA so I decided to do the repair myself. I simply searched with google. For the glass you might want to look up you tube video on it you might want to see if you want to attempt it. Thank fully I got mine in a case with a lip around the edge of the phone so I drop it the screen never touches the floor/ground.

OK based on your experience I just ordered ANOTHER battery this time from your seller. hopefully I will get 100% again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss