04-12-2017 03:28 AM
85 1234
tools
    After further use of the device I can see some uneven light bleed coming from the top part of the screen, plus when using the camera in low light situations the image in the display is full of 'digital noise' and pretty horrific color distortions - I suspect the jpeg algorithm masks the noise coming from the camera sensor but all signs point to a bad repair or a bad repair using cheap parts (i.e. poor shielding). Very disappointed it was advertised as New unopened. If I get a new one I'll update my story here.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-08-2017 09:47 AM
    Not sure if you posted it within one of your posts already, but do you think you could let us know who the seller was, so potential buyers can be aware of them?
    RumoredNow, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    02-08-2017 11:13 PM
    I'll hold off on slamming them until I get a replacement device if that device is not perfect. I expect mistakes to happen and will allow them this one Oops.
    aximtreo and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    02-09-2017 07:26 PM
    I would of settled with L930 it's a good size, though glance isn't supported, it still has wireless charging. 1520 is like a Tundra and the 930 is a like a Tacoma.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-09-2017 08:37 PM
    I would of settled with L930 it's a good size, though glance isn't supported, it still has wireless charging. 1520 is like a Tundra and the 930 is a like a Tacoma.
    930 sure is a great and beautiful phone but goodluck finding one without these dreaded microphone issues!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-10-2017 01:57 PM
    The lack of an SD card slot and no glance steered me to the 1520 even though I really wanted an OLED screen but the mic issues sealed the deal for the 1520.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-11-2017 07:53 AM
    I'll hold off on slamming them until I get a replacement device if that device is not perfect. I expect mistakes to happen and will allow them this one Oops.
    I understand your choice, but I also wasn't asking you to slam them. Blatantly labelling a refurbished phone is an issue that's been seen several times on ebay. Pointing out sellers that consistently do this saves others the headache of accidentally buying from them.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-12-2017 04:58 PM
    Well, instead of sending me a new phone they refunded me. So I guess I'll have to say avoid PhoneStore USA. They have a high feedback score but not from this customer anymore. Now I have to try to find a new one. Ugh, my 830 is so underpowered but at least it works.
    02-14-2017 07:21 PM
    Well, instead of sending me a new phone they refunded me. So I guess I'll have to say avoid PhoneStore USA. They have a high feedback score but not from this customer anymore. Now I have to try to find a new one. Ugh, my 830 is so underpowered but at least it works.
    I'm sorry that it didn't work out but glad to hear that you got your refund. I hope that you would be able to find a 1520 around somewhere.
    02-14-2017 10:14 PM
    I recently ordered one off Ebay from a seller called X-Channel. Haven't gotten delivery yet, so my fingers are crossed. Advertised as new and sealed box.

Sorry about your experience though. That surely sucks.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-06-2017 11:54 AM
    I recently ordered one off Ebay from a seller called X-Channel. Haven't gotten delivery yet, so my fingers are crossed. Advertised as new and sealed box.

Sorry about your experience though. That surely sucks.
    Heh, that's interesting. We we're discussing whether he's credible or not, in this thread so I hope you follow up with us on how that goes..... As my interest in the 1520 has soared, so has my curiosity with some of those sellers....
    RumoredNow and Stefan Holder like this.
    03-07-2017 08:24 PM
    Heh, that's interesting. We we're discussing whether he's credible or not, in this thread so I hope you follow up with us on how that goes..... As my interest in the 1520 has soared, so has my curiosity with some of those sellers....
    Hmmm.... now that you mentioned that, i'm a bit worried. lol. Awwww maaaan..
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-07-2017 10:53 PM
    I just bought and received a "new" 1520 from an eBay seller named Amazing Wireless. The phone appears legit. I've looked closely for signs of someone having worked on it, but I can't find any. Usually, you can tell where a pry tool has damaged the seal around the screen. Haven't had a problem with it. Although, maybe 1 out of 10 times, when entering my pin to unlock the phone, I get the sporadic, multiple key presses. A quick screen off/on fixes those issues. I am kinda disappointed with that, but for such an old phone, I can't complain too much.
    03-08-2017 07:07 AM

I was looking at ordering 1 from this seller as well but after reading a few of the negative comments I held off. Would love to order 1 from them but it seems there is absolutely no contact with the seller and some people got phones that definately were not new. Frustrating
    03-08-2017 08:11 PM
    Hmmm.... now that you mentioned that, i'm a bit worried. lol. Awwww maaaan..
    Don't be too concerned. Just keep your fingers crossed that you get what you ordered. If you don't, you can always get your money refunded.

I just bought and received a "new" 1520 from an eBay seller named Amazing Wireless. The phone appears legit. I've looked closely for signs of someone having worked on it, but I can't find any. Usually, you can tell where a pry tool has damaged the seal around the screen. Haven't had a problem with it. Although, maybe 1 out of 10 times, when entering my pin to unlock the phone, I get the sporadic, multiple key presses. A quick screen off/on fixes those issues. I am kinda disappointed with that, but for such an old phone, I can't complain too much.
    Great to hear.

I was looking at ordering 1 from this seller as well but after reading a few of the negative comments I held off. Would love to order 1 from them but it seems there is absolutely no contact with the seller and some people got phones that definately were not new. Frustrating
    Well, @Stefan Holder will hopefully be able to offer feedback soon to let us know what it's like to buy a 1520 from them.
    RumoredNow and Stefan Holder like this.
    03-09-2017 10:24 PM
    I contacted the seller for an update earlier this week...I've yet to receive a response. Tracking number revealed that only pre-shipment info was sent..but the item has not reached USPS yet. So i'm still waiting.

Update: So just checked tracking a few minutes ago saw that its in transit. So it seems to be on its way. Next test would be to verify what I get is exactly what I ordered. Brand new in sealed packaging. fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Stefan Holder; 03-10-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    03-10-2017 11:20 AM
    Good luck. Let us know
    LuxuryTouringZone likes this.
    03-10-2017 05:39 PM
    Can anyone advise what features, that are present on WP8.1 that I will lose with W10M update? Dolby Headphone? Camera prowess? Active noise cancelation? Are all sensors working, e.g. Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, sensor core? I know W10M threw out FM radio, so it seems I will have to get an app for regular radio. But any info is welcome.
    03-14-2017 08:45 PM
    I upgraded my 1520 to W10 a while back and can't really think of anything I lost other than some standard changes between the 2 versions like UI changes, Menu changes, things like that. I think 8.1 was smoother and I probably liked 8.1 better simply because it was closer to what Windows Phone was meant to be and not what it has become. All in all though, it's a nice experience and works well on my 1520. Which is why I'm anxious to hear how things turn out with your purchase. I actually have a new 950 XL on the way but I love my 1520 and would like to buy a new 1 like you if it is legit.
    ThePaladinTech likes this.
    03-15-2017 12:36 AM
    I haven't noticed anything missing except for the camera quality. It's still really good, just not as good as the camera running on WP8.1. It's not a deal breaker for me though. It's still a great camera in my opinion. WP8.1 is definitely smoother, but it just feels so archaic to me now after using W10M and Android for the past year or so.
    03-15-2017 06:44 PM
    You can always downgrade to 8.1 if you are unhappy with W10, I'm really enjoying W10 on my 1520 though.
    03-20-2017 07:15 AM
    I'm hoping for the best for you Stefan as it appears that the seller now shows all models in all colors suddenly sold out. It suddenly changed from one day to the next. Please let us know. I really want to get another 32Gab like the one I currently have. Just don't know if I can stay with this new 950XL.
    03-20-2017 11:13 PM
    Well, I'm trying again for another ' Brand New' Green 1520. Will check back in a week or so when I receive it.
    03-21-2017 04:30 AM
    03-21-2017 08:53 AM
    I'm hoping for the best for you Stefan as it appears that the seller now shows all models in all colors suddenly sold out. It suddenly changed from one day to the next. Please let us know. I really want to get another 32Gab like the one I currently have. Just don't know if I can stay with this new 950XL.
    I've noticed a lot of 1520's disappearing off ebay over the past two weeks.... Could there be a secret pent-up demand for big, flagship, Windows phones? Microsoft, are you listening?
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-21-2017 11:53 PM
85 1234