Ordered my brand new 1520 in Obnoxious Green

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I contacted the seller for an update earlier this week...I've yet to receive a response. Tracking number revealed that only pre-shipment info was sent..but the item has not reached USPS yet. So i'm still waiting.

Update: So just checked tracking a few minutes ago saw that its in transit. So it seems to be on its way. Next test would be to verify what I get is exactly what I ordered. Brand new in sealed packaging. fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone advise what features, that are present on WP8.1 that I will lose with W10M update? Dolby Headphone? Camera prowess? Active noise cancelation? Are all sensors working, e.g. Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, sensor core? I know W10M threw out FM radio, so it seems I will have to get an app for regular radio. But any info is welcome.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my 1520 to W10 a while back and can't really think of anything I lost other than some standard changes between the 2 versions like UI changes, Menu changes, things like that. I think 8.1 was smoother and I probably liked 8.1 better simply because it was closer to what Windows Phone was meant to be and not what it has become. All in all though, it's a nice experience and works well on my 1520. Which is why I'm anxious to hear how things turn out with your purchase. I actually have a new 950 XL on the way but I love my 1520 and would like to buy a new 1 like you if it is legit.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything missing except for the camera quality. It's still really good, just not as good as the camera running on WP8.1. It's not a deal breaker for me though. It's still a great camera in my opinion. WP8.1 is definitely smoother, but it just feels so archaic to me now after using W10M and Android for the past year or so.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping for the best for you Stefan as it appears that the seller now shows all models in all colors suddenly sold out. It suddenly changed from one day to the next. Please let us know. I really want to get another 32Gab like the one I currently have. Just don't know if I can stay with this new 950XL.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping for the best for you Stefan as it appears that the seller now shows all models in all colors suddenly sold out. It suddenly changed from one day to the next. Please let us know. I really want to get another 32Gab like the one I currently have. Just don't know if I can stay with this new 950XL.

I've noticed a lot of 1520's disappearing off ebay over the past two weeks.... Could there be a secret pent-up demand for big, flagship, Windows phones? Microsoft, are you listening?

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I should have an update for you guys by weekend. Phone arrived in my country. Gonna collect it by Friday. We'll see if I get what i paid for.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Update: Collected the phone today from the courier. I'm pleased to report that the phone is in fact brand new. Came in original sealed packaging. However, this is the AT&T branded unlocked device. Had to remove some AT&T apps from the device. Also, the AT&T boot logo is present. But all in all, purchase seems legit. Phone is 99% what I expected. Ebay seller Xchannel for anyone that's shopping for one of these devices.

On another note, man I forgot how smooth and just elegant Windows Phone 8.1 was. The Xbox Music app is gorgeous and unique compared to the new Groove Music app. Windows Phone 8.1 feels like a breath of fresh air when compared to the sameness of Windows 10 Mobile. Never the less, gonna update to W10M for better app support etc.. progress eh.

The build quality on this device is just fantastic. Feel solid in the hand and weighty. That polycarbonate finish feel durable and well put together. Thing is built like a tank. Anyways, enough gushing over this device. Gonna put it through its paces.

Last edited:

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
This is some fairly recent info regarding the purchase of my 2nd 1520. I have had no problems with either phone and am on the most current W10 build. I feel pretty certain that the only Brand New still in the package Nokia 1520's are of the 16gb ATT variety. No big deal to get unlocked if you need to and I added a 64g SD card.

Delivered Dec 6, 2016

Your package was left in the mailbox.

Nokia Lumia 1520 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Windows 8 Smartphone w/ Cortana and 20MP Camera with Carl-Zeiss Optics - Black (No Warranty)

Sold by: BREED Product question? Ask Seller

Return and product support eligibility

$229.99

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Congrats Stefan, Glad it worked out for ya. And now I'm jealous because they are no longer listed by the seller. Will keep looking but really happy for ya. Man that is a long wait though isn't it.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I got the black. I like the business look of black. Plus the fact that it was a bit cheaper than the other colors, swung my wallet towards this colour too.. lol

I would have went for red or green, but black is nice too.

This is some fairly recent info regarding the purchase of my 2nd 1520. I have had no problems with either phone and am on the most current W10 build. I feel pretty certain that the only Brand New still in the package Nokia 1520's are of the 16gb ATT variety. No big deal to get unlocked if you need to and I added a 64g SD card.

Of course, those are the ones that "nobody" wanted, so I guess certain sellers must've taken remaining inventory from AT&T stores! LOL!!!

Congrats Stefan, Glad it worked out for ya. And now I'm jealous because they are no longer listed by the seller. Will keep looking but really happy for ya. Man that is a long wait though isn't it.

They came back, but not sure if those stock numbers are correct....

JCDiederiks

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
One or 2 suppliers with new ones here in South Africa (unlocked, black, no branding etc. 32 gig), but not sure if they ship internationally...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre