Ordered my brand new 1520 in Obnoxious Green

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using the device for a few days now and I'm a bit concerned about the touchscreen. It seems a little flaky on when and where I tap... as if its not consistent with touch detection and in some cases, calibration? My 830 was quite consistent and precise. I don't think this falls into the 'Phantom Touch' because that's the opposite.

So, do I have a problem?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that the phone you bought has been worked on. Maybe it's had its screen or digitizer replaced at some point. If the work was done by a non-pro in somebody's bedroom, then you might be experiencing their unhandy work. Have you tried a reset...Soft and/or hard?

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
yea, it's been soft and hard reset multiple times during the W10 upgrade. As I type this now it pressure in different areas don't respond to touch the first time, then the same pressure 2nd or third time does. It's most noticeable, obviously, with the keypad as well as other small fine gadgets. I'm going to complain and return. It was advertised as new unopened, unused but there was a small scuff on the outside perimeter of the camera lens so it wasn't.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
After further use of the device I can see some uneven light bleed coming from the top part of the screen, plus when using the camera in low light situations the image in the display is full of 'digital noise' and pretty horrific color distortions - I suspect the jpeg algorithm masks the noise coming from the camera sensor but all signs point to a bad repair or a bad repair using cheap parts (i.e. poor shielding). Very disappointed it was advertised as New unopened. If I get a new one I'll update my story here.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if you posted it within one of your posts already, but do you think you could let us know who the seller was, so potential buyers can be aware of them?

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll hold off on slamming them until I get a replacement device if that device is not perfect. I expect mistakes to happen and will allow them this one Oops.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I would of settled with L930 it's a good size, though glance isn't supported, it still has wireless charging. 1520 is like a Tundra and the 930 is a like a Tacoma.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The lack of an SD card slot and no glance steered me to the 1520 even though I really wanted an OLED screen but the mic issues sealed the deal for the 1520.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll hold off on slamming them until I get a replacement device if that device is not perfect. I expect mistakes to happen and will allow them this one Oops.

I understand your choice, but I also wasn't asking you to slam them. Blatantly labelling a refurbished phone is an issue that's been seen several times on ebay. Pointing out sellers that consistently do this saves others the headache of accidentally buying from them.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, instead of sending me a new phone they refunded me. So I guess I'll have to say avoid PhoneStore USA. They have a high feedback score but not from this customer anymore. Now I have to try to find a new one. Ugh, my 830 is so underpowered but at least it works.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, instead of sending me a new phone they refunded me. So I guess I'll have to say avoid PhoneStore USA. They have a high feedback score but not from this customer anymore. Now I have to try to find a new one. Ugh, my 830 is so underpowered but at least it works.
I'm sorry that it didn't work out but glad to hear that you got your refund. I hope that you would be able to find a 1520 around somewhere.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I recently ordered one off Ebay from a seller called X-Channel. Haven't gotten delivery yet, so my fingers are crossed. Advertised as new and sealed box.

Sorry about your experience though. That surely sucks.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently ordered one off Ebay from a seller called X-Channel. Haven't gotten delivery yet, so my fingers are crossed. Advertised as new and sealed box.

Sorry about your experience though. That surely sucks.

Heh, that's interesting. We we're discussing whether he's credible or not, in this thread so I hope you follow up with us on how that goes..... As my interest in the 1520 has soared, so has my curiosity with some of those sellers....

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bought and received a "new" 1520 from an eBay seller named Amazing Wireless. The phone appears legit. I've looked closely for signs of someone having worked on it, but I can't find any. Usually, you can tell where a pry tool has damaged the seal around the screen. Haven't had a problem with it. Although, maybe 1 out of 10 times, when entering my pin to unlock the phone, I get the sporadic, multiple key presses. A quick screen off/on fixes those issues. I am kinda disappointed with that, but for such an old phone, I can't complain too much.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Heh, that's interesting. We we're discussing whether he's credible or not, in this thread so I hope you follow up with us on how that goes..... As my interest in the 1520 has soared, so has my curiosity with some of those sellers....

I was looking at ordering 1 from this seller as well but after reading a few of the negative comments I held off. Would love to order 1 from them but it seems there is absolutely no contact with the seller and some people got phones that definately were not new. Frustrating

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm.... now that you mentioned that, i'm a bit worried. lol. Awwww maaaan.. :unhappysweat:

Don't be too concerned. Just keep your fingers crossed that you get what you ordered. If you don't, you can always get your money refunded.

I just bought and received a "new" 1520 from an eBay seller named Amazing Wireless. The phone appears legit. I've looked closely for signs of someone having worked on it, but I can't find any. Usually, you can tell where a pry tool has damaged the seal around the screen. Haven't had a problem with it. Although, maybe 1 out of 10 times, when entering my pin to unlock the phone, I get the sporadic, multiple key presses. A quick screen off/on fixes those issues. I am kinda disappointed with that, but for such an old phone, I can't complain too much.

Great to hear.

I was looking at ordering 1 from this seller as well but after reading a few of the negative comments I held off. Would love to order 1 from them but it seems there is absolutely no contact with the seller and some people got phones that definately were not new. Frustrating

Well, @Stefan Holder will hopefully be able to offer feedback soon to let us know what it's like to buy a 1520 from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes