Ordered my brand new 1520 in Obnoxious Green

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Received my replacement, from a different seller. This one definitely appears truly unused, and unopened. Nokia seals still intact but i suppose those could be faked. Dead battery to start, which I think is positive... once it had enough charge I flew though the setup, sans SIM and skipping Wifi and the date was set to sometime in 2014, so that's another good sign nobody messed with it.
WP_20170327_14_28_05_Pro.jpg

Happy again.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Received my replacement, from a different seller. This one definitely appears truly unused, and unopened. Nokia seals still intact but i suppose those could be faked. Dead battery to start, which I think is positive... once it had enough charge I flew though the setup, sans SIM and skipping Wifi and the date was set to sometime in 2014, so that's another good sign nobody messed with it.
View attachment 134597

Happy again.
That's a great aquisition.... Hope you get to enjoy it thoroughly. ..
I remember getting mine from the shop that was relocating elsewhere. They were clearing stock at half the retail price. Quite a steal.
When I powered it on, it was on pre-Cyan W8.0. Had several amnesia-like moments as I could not remember how to navigate around old Settings layout . Haha

... !!

Last edited:

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I read about this earlier... truly sickening to read. Oh well.. guess I gotta hop on the Insider preview since my 1520 won't be getting it officially.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've got the CU running on my 1520 via fast ring. I SUSPECT 1520 devices already enrolled in Fast/Slow will continue to get updates via Release Preview updates but this is a guess. New devices, or devices reset via WDRT could be screwed. Like my 925 when I reset it back to 8.1 via WDRT then upgrade advisor said F.U.

This really, really ticks me off... Yes someone in the xda developers forum will figure out how to hack it, and I will follow but this might be my last device unless a course correction in Microsoft leadership occurs.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got the CU running on my 1520 via fast ring. I SUSPECT 1520 devices already enrolled in Fast/Slow will continue to get updates via Release Preview updates but this is a guess. New devices, or devices reset via WDRT could be screwed. Like my 925 when I reset it back to 8.1 via WDRT then upgrade advisor said F.U.

This really, really ticks me off... Yes someone in the xda developers forum will figure out how to hack it, and I will follow but this might be my last device unless a course correction in Microsoft leadership occurs.

They need to do more than change course, they need to change their leadership period. Unfortunatley it's too late, Windows as aplatform is screwed at this point. They will not survive without being a player in mobile and without mobile, Windows itself will become less and less relevant every single day as developers walk away. Glad I am so good at procrastinating that I hadn't purchased another 1520 yet.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Still have my Godzilla (or Sleestack) green 1520. Great camera. Oddly enough it feels big compared to my X3. Not sure why.

J6t9p1Z.jpg

I no longer have the Blackberry or Iphone (good riddance!). The Galaxy S5 had a nasty habit of being dropped so it went bye bye.

Sent from mTalk

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That picture perfectly shows my issue with the software buttons. Those 2 phones have basically the same size screen and yet because of the software buttons, you lose over a quarter of an inch of screen real estate. That's why my 950XL drives me nuts. I went from a 6" 1520 to a 5.7" 950XL, you would think that it wouldn't be a hard thing to adjust to. But when you add in the software buttons, the screen is basically 5-5.2". That is a huge change coming from a 6" screen and I can't stand it. So I have to manually hide the buttons all the time just to try and fool myself into believing the screen is bigger.

#whereismytrustedmemberlogo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6