I USED to put PC systems together and aside from a few cuts, I never had any problems. The only difference is that I have stupidly long nails now. I've watched the YT video several times.
    I suppose I'm looking for someone who has done it to say 'of course you can do it' and possibly tell me what to look out for when buying a battery online. I know that the voltage matters as does making sure it's not for a 1320, but some Amazon seller's are listing one battery for both???
    Do I need lots of special openers or will credit cards or guitar picks suffice? Also, what kind of screwdriver do I need please? Many MANY thanks...
    Angel ... London, UK
    02-06-2017 12:00 PM
    the videos look quite comprehensive but I've seen many complaints about 3rd party batteries so be very careful which one you buy, the accessing of the battery looks easy enough (based on replacing 1520 battery videos and removing back cover 1520 videos). see here http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0-battery.html
    02-23-2017 05:25 AM
    of course you can do it! <-- there ya go :)

And here's a little more info- The battery I got, well it SAYS it's the right one, it fit it works, but only charges to 80% so it's a fake :( - wished there was a way or a place to know you are getting the right battery.

Other thoughts:

not sure which video I watched but it mentioned a TINY screw under a label between the SD and the Simm. My eye's arn't so good and I tried VERY hard to remove that screw ... metal shavings came out. I was bummed, I thought I had totally stripped the screw. So in desperation I tried popping the phone apart without removing the screw. Well, my 1520.3 didn't have a screw there at all! And by how hard it was to get apart I think they decided the screw was not needed.

I purchased this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pUvbUpU3639143 very pleased with it.

After the screw removal story above, the next scariest thing was the battery is held in by double sided tape, and I was concerned I'd break the screen. I wound up using an old simm credit card (more flexible than a credit card), and used a blow dryer to heat up the battery to loosen the glue... shoving the credit card in slowly, Came apart no problem... just don't rush it!

Re-assembling - I forgot to put the big black sticker back on, but after snapping the phone back together, it seems to work fine with no rattles.

Oh and I didn't replace the double sided tape either.

Not sure what size screw driver I needed but the kit i mentioned has everything you'll need.
    03-17-2017 02:42 PM
    well done, congrats on a successful mission :)
    03-20-2017 06:13 AM
    Yeah I wish we knew who or where to order a real battery from that will function correctly. Now that I have a new XL I can try to perform surgery on my 1520.
    03-20-2017 10:16 PM