Unlucky me. Hopeless 1520s.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been veerrryyyy unlucky in my life in multiple areas. Professionally and personally too. But never have made the same mistake twice. That's not so with the 1520 though.. My first 1520 had black patches on the screen. I assumed I must have been dealt a faulty piece. No worries. Sold it and I was a happy soul.

Cut to 2017: : I buy one more second hand 1520.

LO AND BEHOLD!!

BATTERY DOESN'T GO BEYOND 80 and every time the phone is in my pocket upside down it restarts.

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!

can someone pls help me.. I sincerely hope this is a software bug.... But like I started saying.. I have been VEEERYYYYY UNLUCKY all my life.. I won't be surprised if this too is a hardware issue.

To all those thinking of getting a 1520: D O N T

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've got it from a local website ..people selling their devices ..never should have got one...it's ok now..working fine ...but the battery issue persists

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've got it from a local website ..people selling their devices ..never should have got one...it's ok now..working fine ...but the battery issue persists

You can have the battery replaced and it should last another few years. It won't be able to be upgraded much longer but Win 10 is solid on it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I have anyways overpaid for the device. Plus, to be fair, the battery drain is EXTREMELY slow. Easily two days. Which is like a wonder number in todays time. I know many Apple and Android fans who would kill for that kind of battery life. So all is good.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had 2 1520s as well. The first one was amazing, but, I am unfortunately stupid, and left it on the roof of my car after a trip to the gym. It still works fine, but the screen was shattered and i couldn't find anywhere to get it repaired, so I bought a new one from eBay. The new one has phantom touch problems and a dead spot on the lower left of the screen.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I think I have anyways overpaid for the device. Plus, to be fair, the battery drain is EXTREMELY slow. Easily two days. Which is like a wonder number in todays time. I know many Apple and Android fans who would kill for that kind of battery life. So all is good.

You can get genuine OEM Nokia batteries on eBay USA if your careful and they will charge to 100%, but there are also sellers also selling non-OEM compatible batteries they will not fully charge and usually just charge into the 80% range I know this from experience. The battery on the 1520 is easy to change once you warm up old battery so glue will lose it grip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos