sad day for my nokia lumia 1520

Neftv1

Jun 10, 2019
Visit site
Out of the blue the phone starts and endless bootup then shutdown, then repeats. It dont even get to the windows logo. I thought i had a full charge on the battery and it did. Two and half years ago I replaced the battery myself. Everything was good then. so I figure maybe the battery is doing it so purchased replacement and I replaced it but its still doing the same boot up shutdown repeats. I even did the windows recovery application from the computer to install fresh os but still no good. is this the end of the phone? Everything was working good on the phone minutes before it started this. THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT THE PHONE OFF IS i LET THE BATTERY RUN DOWN. HAD PHONE SINCE NOV2013..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Five and a half years of use ain't bad. Sounds like that's the end, something critical clearly kicked the bucket so it's time to decide what to replace it with. Another 1520? An 8110? An iPhone? Who knows.

Neftv1

Jun 10, 2019
Visit site
I was running wm10 on it. I upgrade to 10 as soon as it came out. whats interesting at that time many in this forum had issues at the beginning but my never experienced the issues early on. I still liked the phone like that day I got it.

I had purchased a used motorola atrix hd few years back as a back up phone and I put the lineage rom on it. I never really used till now and boy that phone is slow. I not sure what to get as a daily driver because I not happy with the companies that facilitate Android and the IOS system. Basically im saying hell no to those ecosystems. I thought about getting the 950xl because there seem to still be new one being sold on ebay. I not sure about the 1520. But then again Microsoft will stop updates on the WM10 by year end do I really want to spend close to $200. And it seems many of the developers of existing apps that are still around may jump ship.

I had everything that I wanted on my 1520 it stinks that i have to decide now. I been eyeing the Linux Phone that coming out Librem 5 from a company from california. I was always interested in Linux and having it on a phone sounds exciting to me. almost the same wow factor I had when I purchased the 1520.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I was running wm10 on it. I upgrade to 10 as soon as it came out. whats interesting at that time many in this forum had issues at the beginning but my never experienced the issues early on. I still liked the phone like that day I got it.

I had purchased a used motorola atrix hd few years back as a back up phone and I put the lineage rom on it. I never really used till now and boy that phone is slow. I not sure what to get as a daily driver because I not happy with the companies that facilitate Android and the IOS system. Basically im saying hell no to those ecosystems. I thought about getting the 950xl because there seem to still be new one being sold on ebay. I not sure about the 1520. But then again Microsoft will stop updates on the WM10 by year end do I really want to spend close to $200. And it seems many of the developers of existing apps that are still around may jump ship.

I had everything that I wanted on my 1520 it stinks that i have to decide now. I been eyeing the Linux Phone that coming out Librem 5 from a company from california. I was always interested in Linux and having it on a phone sounds exciting to me. almost the same wow factor I had when I purchased the 1520.

It sounds like your phone had a great life! Is there any way you can flash it back to Windows Phone 8.1 to see if that fixes the issue?

Neftv1

Jun 10, 2019
Visit site
I only know to use that windows recovery tool and it detects to phone somehow even with it power cycling on its own and it dont give an option to install any particular version. I would think it suppose to be the latest. With that said I did that still the same boot cycle. never gets to windows logo. I even took sd card out and sim. no go.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Out of the blue the phone starts and endless bootup then shutdown, then repeats. It dont even get to the windows logo. I thought i had a full charge on the battery and it did. Two and half years ago I replaced the battery myself. Everything was good then. so I figure maybe the battery is doing it so purchased replacement and I replaced it but its still doing the same boot up shutdown repeats. I even did the windows recovery application from the computer to install fresh os but still no good. is this the end of the phone? Everything was working good on the phone minutes before it started this. THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT THE PHONE OFF IS i LET THE BATTERY RUN DOWN. HAD PHONE SINCE NOV2013..

I had the same issue with my 535 too. I just let it keep rebooting until one fine day it just wake up alive without me noticing. Windows Phones have nine lives.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel for you bro. My Lumia 1520 has been with me for 5 and half years now and it's reaching the end of it's life. I had a rougher road with it. The audio jack broke after just 9 months, then had to change it along with the screen, then changed the battery but was unlucky with one that charges only to 85%. I downgraded to WP8.1 and the battery still serves me for 2 days.

When WhatsApp announced the upcoming end of support that was the final straw because it's the app I care about the most, then my mindset suddenly changed and I accepted to switch to Android, but only Android One on a Nokia. However I couldn't yet find the model I'm satisfied with after waiting for the announcement of the Nokia 7.2 and now will wait for the rumored 8.2

But I'm also excited for the Microsoft Surface event tomorrow and still hope for a mobile device that will pickup where Windows Mobile is leaving at the end of this year. Will Microsoft win me back or is this the end of my journey with Windows Phone? Less than 24 hours to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss