And now...? 2520 or Surface 2

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think microsoft has reason to be worried about the nokia tablet. Its a beutiful iconic lumia design, has a portable formfactor and the specs are more featured packed than the surface 1 or 2. Hell, I don't even use the desktop much on my surface pro, so I can probably live with the "locked down" RT. Currently I would easily consider switching from my current surface pro to the nokia tablet for 95%. Two issues that are keeping me at bay is 1. a usb connection and 2. wacom stylus support (no, not ntrig or a capacative pen like on the ipad). If these issues could be adressed quickly within the current line up, this would make the tablet 100% for me. I wouldn't hesitate to switch down.

iSummerSmiles

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really sure, as I don't really know how it feels like using the RT OS, without desktop functionality. Kinda worries me, as this might be the aspect where Nokia might fail.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't need a surface pro. You can get a laptop with much better specs and can be upgraded for the price. The RT can remote desktop if you need to use a desktop app. I would never consider a pro at that price

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's more of a tablet...not a Laptop...so...RT makes alot of sense. You need to compare it to tablets, not desktops. It's like Apple with iOS on mobile and OSX on desk.

Not really hard to understand.

Fausto Felix

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Complicated, the staff compares the RT with Windows 8 Pro, forget that the RT is geared precisely to Tablets and apps are increasing.

I don't see anyone complaining that I can't install Windows applications on iOS, go figure.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Surface 2 because I love that hardware design, but admittedly the value adds on the 2520 greatly surpass the S2.

2520:
Ad-free Nokia Music
HERE Maps
Storyteller
Video Director Suite
SmartCamera Interface
LTE
Keyboard cover that adds 5 hours of battery life
Better rear camera
Multiple colors
NFC

Surface 2:
SkyDrive 200GB free for a year
Skype Unlimited free for a year
And um....?

Not sure what else Microsoft is bringing to the table that could be considered "exclusive" to the Surface 2. Perhaps the new front facing camera, which is pretty amazing.

Last edited:

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think the Surface 2 for me. I like the full size USB port, and the 64GB option. And the keyboard cover on the Nokia looks like it would add a lot of weight and size to the package (though I do like the 2 additional USB ports). Also, I really don't need LTE on a tablet because I would rather save the money and just use my phone when I need internet access when away from WiFi. The Nokia looks nice though.

Fausto Felix

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
As in Brazil everything takes too long to arrive, the prediction is that I have this gadget in February 2014 ... gonna buy the Surface 2 and next year change by 2520.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Has a preorder or release date been announced?

I was trying to watch the live stream last night but my almost 5 year old Acer can no longer handle live streams in the CPU department.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz