03-21-2015 10:15 PM
115 1234 ...
tools
    I definitely would like to get one, the Cyan more specifically...however US is being lame and only carry red and black :(
    10-29-2013 11:12 AM
    I would buy it but if I have to buy a contract for it then No.
    10-30-2013 02:46 AM
    I'm seriously thinking about importing an unlocked Cyan one into the US. I don't care about the LTE bands since I will not use the cellular radio. The only thing is that if down the road I need to trade it or sell it, an imported version would severely cripple my options. But Cyan and no Verizon logos...
    10-30-2013 01:47 PM
    I'm getting one in Red plus the Red Keyboard case. If Nokia is ever going to release it in Indonesia.
    Otherwise.. I'll probably hunt it in Singapore.
    11-03-2013 10:16 PM
    I'll be getting one, likely in black on the Verizon network. Will the Surface Touch / Type covers work on this tablet?
    11-07-2013 01:17 PM
    I'll be getting one, likely in black on the Verizon network. Will the Surface Touch / Type covers work on this tablet?
    Unfortunately they won't work.
    11-07-2013 01:27 PM
    I have a huge question does anybody know for sure if you can get the 2520 without a contract? For example from Best buy and such?
    11-18-2013 02:06 PM
    It's entirely possible to buy the ATT or Verizon models contract-free. I'm not sure about doing so at brick and mortar, but you can find them on the Microsoft Store online. That's how I'm getting mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    dmojica2000 likes this.
    11-18-2013 05:04 PM
    I bought mine as WiFi only from Verizon just fine.
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-22-2013 10:46 AM
    I have a business account and checked out the 2520 in the store today. I was pretty impressed with the feel, size and speed. I have been waiting for a Win8 tablet with 4G. My biggest thing is VPN. Win8 RT does have some VPN capabilities and I decided to order one and test it out. What really made me pull the trigger was the free keyboard. That is an awesome deal, plus, my data plan is very cheap and unlimited. Also, the hotspot feature is a bonus.
    HeyCori and Winfonejunkie like this.
    11-22-2013 06:17 PM
    Got my black 2520 with a black 925 bundle on opening day at the AT&T store, only one store had it in stock in my area in San Mateo County, CA. So for a so good. I just sent in rebate info for my free power keyboard
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:44 AM
    I'm looking to get one this week after my paycheck comes in on Thursday. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be typing my posts here on it instead of my current tablet, haha. I just hope that I can still do the deal for the free keyboard-- Thursday/Friday is well within the 2 December limit, but I keep hearing all these whispers about supply running out early and such.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:32 PM
    I picked one up yesterday. The free powered keyboard offer this week made up my mind. But I had a hard time getting one. My local ATT store never got them. I drove 30 minutes to another ATT store, wasted almost and hour, and then the ***** manager would not let them sell me one since I did not want a contract. They wanted to save them for the new activations so they could make more money. I called a semi local Microsoft, and they had one. At the Microsoft store I was out the door in 10 minutes with my new non contract 2520. So far everything is perfect, a much more pleasant experience than the ATT store!
    HeyCori and rav16 like this.
    11-26-2013 03:49 PM
    I picked one up yesterday. The free powered keyboard offer this week made up my mind. But I had a hard time getting one. My local ATT store never got them. I drove 30 minutes to another ATT store, wasted almost and hour, and then the ***** manager would not let them sell me one since I did not want a contract. They wanted to save them for the new activations so they could make more money. I called a semi local Microsoft, and they had one. At the Microsoft store I was out the door in 10 minutes with my new non contract 2520. So far everything is perfect, a much more pleasant experience than the ATT store!

had the same experience with both verizon and ATT. Also went with MS store. That's the best way if you want non contract.
    11-28-2013 02:19 PM
    I would buy it but if I have to buy a contract for it then No.

No contract with Verizon.
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-28-2013 02:56 PM
    I had a similar thing happen to me at a Verizon Store, they insisted that I sign up for the data plan, so I did, then I called Verizon the same day and they disconnected my device and refunded me the 35$ activation fee. So net cost was 499$ Lastly just for fun I pulled out my sim cars from my Verizon phone and pit it in the 2520 worked perfect.
    HeyCori, rav16 and 11B1P like this.
    11-29-2013 08:41 PM
    Received mine today via USPS from ATT. Put everything thru it's paces and found no issues at this time. Everything works...everything. First impressions...love it, love it, love it. No issues with the microSD card.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-02-2013 05:03 PM
    had my first hands-on with it after work today (went straight to the nearest John Lewis). I'm really really impressed, worried a bit with all the problems that people are posting on the device but hoping they are all fixed soon with a patch.

Screen is just incredible, was surprised (even with the massive security tether on the back in the middle) how light it felt (currently got a 1st gen iPad), also felt really nice and slim, can't see why some of the reviewers have complained about the edges. did feel a little bit of flex in the middle of the back in the plastic. Overall though I'm sold, got a similar feeling when I picked it up and used it to the first time I picked up an iPad back in 2009. A matte black one will do just fine for a present this Christmas.
    12-04-2013 12:54 PM
    Had an email from Nokia this morning that its released here (uk) and ordered it the same time, have hated my iPad since ios 7. This will be a lovely change.
    12-05-2013 02:03 PM
    Very disappointed in the lack of available apps. The touch screen is nonresponsive and lagging on various websites. The fact that Nokia can't release a keyboard accessory in a timely manner, while having several months preparation, tells me that they probably won't be able to support the device properly. I am curious to see how they plan to deal with the lock screen issues. But still, several months to release a keyboard has fail written all over it.
    01-03-2014 10:28 AM
    Very disappointed in the lack of available apps. The touch screen is nonresponsive and lagging on various websites. The fact that Nokia can't release a keyboard accessory in a timely manner, while having several months preparation, tells me that they probably won't be able to support the device properly. I am curious to see how they plan to deal with the lock screen issues. But still, several months to release a keyboard has fail written all over it.
    In my experience, IE 11 is the culprit and not the Lunia 2520. Some sites just don't play nice. But it isn't always consistent. Zomming in or out before tapping helps some of the time. And there is always Desktop IE.

I also feel the keyboard accessory will let many people down. It is simply too small to be useful and the trackpad looks dreadful. I plan to review one at some point, but Info t expect much. If you can't be happy with touch, you should probably be using something else.
    rav16 likes this.
    01-04-2014 08:54 AM
    I stopped by a local AT&T store yesterday to get one but they had none in stock so they ordered one. I was disappointed that they only had black but since I didn't want to wait for different colors to be available I just went with it. I guess this means I'll just have to get a black Lumia 1520 to replace my white Lumia 920.
    01-07-2014 10:35 AM
    I picked this tablet up through a promotion at ATT when I got my Lumia 1020 cell. I've had it since 12/26. It takes some getting used to, but I find I am starting to prefer it over my ipad. Screen size is great and is lovely to look at. On screen keyboard is nicely sized and very responsive. There's plenty of memory and if you have a keyboard cover, this can double as day to day machine that can be toted around. I'm a gamer, but my gaming laptop isn't even remotely portable in that respect so this will good for me when I'm on the go.

Regarding the Nokia Power Keyboard. . . it may be a hefty price, but it will definitely be well worth it for me to get. Keyboard, extra battery, touch pad and two full-sized USB ports all melded into a cover that goes over the whole tablet. . . . big plus. Once I can plug a mouse (or a wireless toggle) into the usb, this really will make it worth it to me.

I find the Modern Apps are pretty good, just need a little finagling considering they're fairly new for Microsoft and there isn't as many offerings. I'm a gmailer, so the fact that syncing by gmail is no longer supported is a big issue, especially since finding work around apps is a little more difficult. But working apps are out there and I'm working with a combo of the Windows Mail,Calendar, People (which are tied together) and the Gmail Calendar app (which has a low rating based on dates from awhile ago but I find works really well). Working in Windows RT and being able to also access the normal Desktop doesn't really bother me. It's again about getting used to working in a different format. On the plus, being that this has Microsoft Office (in some fashion), I'm super happy. I was never able to get comfortable with the Ipad word processing apps.

Overall I'm quite pleased.
    01-07-2014 12:59 PM
    I want one but am going for the surface 2 as Nokia cant be bothered to actually launch the power cover they advertised 6 weeks ago.
    dkediger likes this.
    01-15-2014 02:57 PM
    How much app does windows store have?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820
    01-16-2014 07:56 AM
115 1234 ...