Nokia Lumia 2520 - Who's getting one?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine off contract and have been using it exclusively on WIFI. I have an ATT share plan, so I can tether it to my Lumia 920 if I want to, so I will probably never use the LTE, but it is there if I ever decide I want to. I bought it for the size, screen, GPS, fast charging, and long battery life, and it has been great. If it cost a lot more, then it being an LTE model would be a concern.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
received mine yesterday and i'm very impressed with the unit. IE Metro is a beast, awesome that it can run amazon prime videos, spotify, etc, straight from the browser.

​only complaint is the glass loves to pull the oils from your fingers.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
BTW, att is running a promo where you activate a tablet, you get $100 bill credit. agree to a 2 yr contract and it's another $100 bill credit. only through april though.

livemusicfan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Took the plunge. I ordered a 2520 (AT&T No Contract) and the red Power Keyboard from Microsoft today. I'm not sure how long it will last but the MS Store is discounting the no contract 2520's by $100 so you can get one for $399.

I've been thinking about picking one of these up for some time now. I came very close to buying a new iPad Air this morning (I've been with iOS since 07) but figured its time for a change. I wonder if it will convince me to move from my IPhone 5S to a 1520?

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Took the plunge. I ordered a 2520 (AT&T No Contract) and the red Power Keyboard from Microsoft today. I'm not sure how long it will last but the MS Store is discounting the no contract 2520's by $100 so you can get one for $399.

I've been thinking about picking one of these up for some time now. I came very close to buying a new iPad Air this morning (I've been with iOS since 07) but figured its time for a change. I wonder if it will convince me to move from my IPhone 5S to a 1520?
Awesome, get familiar with IE Modern. It's amazing and does things no other mobile browser can do. Pin websites like Amazon Prime Video, Spotify, Pandora, etc, to your start screen too.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am enjoying my 2520 a couple weeks in. I don't regret not getting the Surface 2. I am holding out for a Bluetooth keyboard I really like otherwise its been going well. The device as a tablet is great and its flexibility is impressive. Its been smooth and powerful and I look forward to doing more with it as the days go by.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am enjoying my 2520 a couple weeks in. I don't regret not getting the Surface 2. I am holding out for a Bluetooth keyboard I really like otherwise its been going well. The device as a tablet is great and its flexibility is impressive. Its been smooth and powerful and I look forward to doing more with it as the days go by.
Looking at the Logitech K400 myself but it isn't Bluetooth. I really don't want an ugly USB wired adapter and dongle hanging from my 2520.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The $399 sale price off contract at Microsoft Store is a nice deal. They ran this once before, and it was just for a limited time. I have been using mine regularly since I picked it up the first week it came out, and I love it.

livemusicfan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like people are enjoying the tablet, mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I was really torn between it and the iPad Air. Hopefully I'll love it when it arrives.

I am surprising my daughter with a Lumia 520 for 5th grade graduation and thinking she may be the perfect recipient for my Surface.

Levi Meyer

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's still very difficult to get a Lumia 2520 in Europe (Belgium)! I just wanna spend my money on it, but Nokia doesn't want it I guess...
For sure now with the adapter-problems. Any tips to get the Lumia 2520 with the right lte-bands (rx-113)?

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It's still very difficult to get a Lumia 2520 in Europe (Belgium)! I just wanna spend my money on it, but Nokia doesn't want it I guess...
For sure now with the adapter-problems. Any tips to get the Lumia 2520 with the right lte-bands (rx-113)?

Can't get my hands on it in Sweden either, shame

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Too quiet. I just bought a 2520 off eBay and hope I don't regret it. Buyout of Nokia is complete, hope this tablet continues to be supported.

Trust me you won't (I'm typing on it right now). I got one for both me and my wife with powerkeyboards. It's a beast. The battery life is insane, it consumes way better than Surface 2 because it holds much better in the hand. I LOVE this device. Was at MS store today and saw Surface 2. Other than the colored touch covers, I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't get my hands on it in Sweden either, shame

I heard it has something to do with the wall adapters causing fires or something so they pulled everything in Europe. The tablet is the best secret on the market. Unfortunately, Nokia screwed the launch and marketing.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 2520 Black (AT&T No Contract) and the red power keyboard from Microsoft on Tuesday and just received it in just a couple minutes ago. I must say it looks nice and is very light weight. Will have to wait before I use it as I fired it up it had like no battery life left so it needs to charge especially with firmware and other updates already begging to be install. I say this was a good investment for me and passed my other Surface RT LTE Tablet down to my wife for her enjoyment. I say this is indeed a great device so far.

The $399 deal from MS is a just a steal for such a device. Got it for less than what an ipad with LTE and a keyboard would go for from At&t for sure.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 2520 Black (AT&T No Contract) and the red power keyboard from Microsoft on Tuesday and just received it in just a couple minutes ago. I must say it looks nice and is very light weight. Will have to wait before I use it as I fired it up it had like no battery life left so it needs to charge especially with firmware and other updates already begging to be install. I say this was a good investment for me and passed my other Surface RT LTE Tablet down to my wife for her enjoyment. I say this is indeed a great device so far.

The $399 deal from MS is a just a steal for such a device. Got it for less than what an ipad with LTE and a keyboard would go for from At&t for sure.

You had a Surface RT LTE?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)