Hi,

I had a few questions about purchasing a Lumia 2520 that I hope get answered as we approach the retail availability. Perhaps others can use this thread to address their particular questions and share information.

I live in the US. The 2520 was announced for AT&T (black only) and Verizon (black and red versions).

- I do not want to be tied to any cellular data plan. Basically I want to pay full price for the 2520 and not use the cellular radio.
    - I want the cyan version.

1. Will I be able to buy an international version unlocked?
    2. If I decide to buy either the black or red from AT&T or Verizon, will I be able to buy it without signing for a data plan (paying full prize)?

Thanks for your feedback.

-sanshiro
    10-23-2013 01:55 PM
    Sites like Negri Electronics will often stock the international version unlocked and if you can get your hands on one it should work for just wifi. They didn't have information yet when I inquired.

Based on what I can tell so far, the International version will have LTE on bands 3, 7, 20 and the US version will have bands 2, 4, 5, 17. I think that means anyone hoping to get a cyan or white 2520 is going to be SOL if they want to use its LTE in the US. If you want LTE I think you'll be stuck with the choice of red, plastered with an absolutely gigantic VERIZON logo, or black from ATT. This would really undermine the point of the 2520's aesthetics. I am so frustrated with US carriers right now.
    10-23-2013 03:14 PM
    Sites like Negri Electronics will often stock the international version unlocked and if you can get your hands on one it should work for just wifi. They didn't have information yet when I inquired.

Based on what I can tell so far, the International version will have LTE on bands 3, 7, 20 and the US version will have bands 2, 4, 5, 17. I think that means anyone hoping to get a cyan or white 2520 is going to be SOL if they want to use its LTE in the US. If you want LTE I think you'll be stuck with the choice of red, plastered with an absolutely gigantic VERIZON logo, or black from ATT. This would really undermine the point of the 2520's aesthetics. I am so frustrated with US carriers right now.
    I agree with you treetownal, the black is just "meh" and the red while having a beautiful color is scarred by the ugly Verizon branding (perhaps some paint remover or extremely fine sandpaper would work? Anybody tried this?).
    10-23-2013 04:14 PM
    Microsoft store website has the black AT&T model:

Microsoft Store - Product Information
    11-15-2013 12:50 PM
    Microsoft store website has the black AT&T model:

Microsoft Store - Product Information
    Minimal branding on the back. The black looks nice, not catchy but business like.
    11-15-2013 08:02 PM

So if I use the 2520 from the states in Europe, 4G won't work?
    11-16-2013 12:23 PM