Unlocked Lumia 2520 Red / Cyan / White / Black

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know where we can purchase the Lumia 2520 unlocked and unbranded in the USA? Ideally, I would like to get an unlocked Lumia 2520 to be used on T-mobile's LTE/4G/3G network. Does any one have any ideas if the Microsoft store or Nokia website will sell the Lumia 2520 unlocked to be used on T-mobile's network?

I hate to be redundant with the posts, but I can't wait to get my hands on the Lumia 2520!! Does any one have any info?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Order it from abroad, best shot imo.
Go for asian version, that way you 'will' get speedy updates and non bloated OS :)

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering but how would I order it abroad? Does anyone know of any suggestions on websites that I can use to order a red 2520?

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia's international site is correct, the 2520 international version will not have band 4 LTE. That would be a huge disappointment. It does appear to have the right 3G bands. Maybe there will be a pentaband version?

Nokia Lumia 2520 Specifications - Nokia

There are resellers that will unlock the US versions. I got a 1020 from a place called Negri. I would be extremely disappointed if I can't get the 2520 in white, cyan or red without the ginormous verizon logos everywhere + 4G to use on T Mo.

anon(5346951)

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

As far as I'm aware at the moment the Lumia 2520 is only on sale in the US and UK. In the UK the tablet is being sold exclusively through famous retailer John Lewis. This is not bad news, and luckily you want it in red which is available everywhere. (Whereas I'm stuck looking for a cyan one.)

I live in the UK and can assure you that John lewis is completely safe. Although, you will have to contact them via the product page as they don't usually deliver abroad but do make exceptions.

Here are the links for the tablets: Nokia Tablets (2)

Here is the red version: Buy Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet, Qualcomm Snapdragon, Windows RT 8.1, 10.1", 32GB, Wi-Fi & 4G LTE, Red online at John Lewis

On the product page, just beneath where it says 'international delivery not available' click on 'How we may still help you'.

I would imagine that the free John Lewis 2 year guarantee and possibly even the app voucher might get excluded. I know that these versions are unbranded. But do check if they are compatible on your networks over in the US. Please do report back to me if you have any luck!

-Matthew :smile:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
And what about the updates...carriers moan a lot before giving updates.

I'm guessing the carriers can't block updates thru the MS update service, which is where the Windows RT updates come from. I'm also guessing they can't block updates thru the App Store, which is where the app updates come from. Keep in mind, the 2520 is nothing more than a Windows RT computer in tablet form.

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the carriers can't block updates thru the MS update service, which is where the Windows RT updates come from. I'm also guessing they can't block updates thru the App Store, which is where the app updates come from. Keep in mind, the 2520 is nothing more than a Windows RT computer in tablet form.

This. The updates come in through "Windows Update" and the carrier has nothing to do with it. It's pretty sweet.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

That red bold word sent shivers down my spine.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The L2520 is exclusive to John Lewis in the UK (face palm) and I have found John Lewis's tech guys to be overly biased to their preferred products. Case in point I went to the John Lewis store in Westfields, I asked a rep at the intel section if he could direct me to the Lumia 2520. His immediate reaction was "what is that??", again I asked one of the tech guys near the tablet section instead of a direct answer I got a 5 minute demo about how good ios was which I ended abruptly as he was yapping on how about the Ipad 2's camera was superior to the L2520's camera. I told him I am really not interested in taking pictures with a tablet, also the camera module the L2520 is the same as the Lumia 720 which has an aperture of f/1.9, focal length of 26 mm, 4x zoom with zeiss optics before I could finish. He replied with "I will get my friend to show the galaxy tablet", who then proceed to turn the L2520 off which I was playing and shoved the galaxy tab in my face.

So for another 20 minutes I had a unrequested demo about the Galaxy tablet, which I went through as I was curious to see how polaris office 5 (the installed office suite) handled but he skimmed past again and again, only relented and just brought up the tutorial which he skimmed through. I asked him if he knew anything about polaris 5 and he said truthly "no". The only thing I liked was the S pen and that was it as I found the galaxy tab had micro stutter, laggy transitions etc (I guess that's me, some of you may not notice it).

I finally got round to playing with the L2520 the device just feels right in your hands, the screen was bright and vivid. The mix radio app exclusive for the L2520 at first glance looked elegant, well thought out and spaced appropriately. I didn't notice any microstutter or transition lag when navigation especially when flicking through the running apps from the left handside (edge of screen). Though I did have some difficulty getting a handle in closing apps snapped 50 | 50 on the screen, I guess that is down to the fact I am not used to using a win8 on a tablet yet. Lastly windows rt does have handwriting support, which worked pretty well on the L2520 with my fingers even when i deliberately scribbled and jumbled up words it got 3/5 right which was pretty good imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa