Lumia 2520 usable with SIM/Data Plan from 1020?

bobulrich

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying the 2520 and adding an extra line. My primary line with my Lumia 1020 has Unlimited Data right now, curious if I got the lowest plan available with my 2520 purchase/line, and swapped the SIM from my 1020, would I be able to use my unlimited data? Obviously the voice/SMS wouldn't function, but the data should work yeah?

Thinking about a Google Voice/Skype type option for Voice/SMS. I barely used the phone at all, and have VoIP options already available.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Unlikely as they can tell it's not a phone based on the IMEI. Shouldn't really be any different than trying to use an iPad with an iPhone SIM card, which doesn't work (or at least, never did before I switched to Verizon and off iOS devices).

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I think internet sharing only works with certain data plans. I had an older ATT plan and internet sharing did not work. Then we switched to a family share plan and now the feature works on my L920 (and my wife's L900).

I put the sim from my 920 into the 2520 and it did work. I only used it for a minute. I don't know why ATT would care or bother worrying about us putting a sim in another device. I put my sim in other phones from time to time. The 2520 is just another device.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I think internet sharing only works with certain data plans. I had an older ATT plan and internet sharing did not work. Then we switched to a family share plan and now the feature works on my L920 (and my wife's L900).

I put the sim from my 920 into the 2520 and it did work. I only used it for a minute. I don't know why ATT would care or bother worrying about us putting a sim in another device. I put my sim in other phones from time to time. The 2520 is just another device.

it looks like its just for att SIM in att device. If u have att SIM in the Verizon model, it won't work I think, since the lte bands are different. but has anyone tried this?

according to nokia site: ATT has LTE 2, 4, 5, 17
Verizon 4, 13.

Since both has 4, would it be possible to use ATT sim in a verizon L2520 and vice versa?

Last edited:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the verizon red today.

ATT sim card wont work. It says to insert a Verizon card. I guess I will find a way to unlock it.

In the store, I put my ATT card from L1020 into the ATT L2520, and it works, like others have said. Decided to go with the red and use wifi sharing.

Roche de Guzman

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Im planning to get the $499 one from Verizon. Do you think I can use my international roaming sim card just for receiving text messages?
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss