If you want to play around with a 2520, go to your local Microsoft Store. They have one on display. Just came back from one in Natick, MA. It is glorious. It was a red version of Verizon. A little slippery, but incredibly thin. The display is amazing, and Here Maps is even better on a large screen. As you would expect, its buttery smooth. Although I would prefer a smaller bezel. Other than that, I am so getting it.
    Last edited by erzhik; 11-17-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    BIGPADDY and rav16 like this.
    11-17-2013 04:30 PM
    Thanks for the information it seems like a great device!
    11-17-2013 04:58 PM
    If you want to play around with a 2520, go to your local Microsoft Store. They have one on display. Just came back from one in Natick, MA. It is glorious. It was a red version of Verizon. A little slippery, but incredibly thin. The display is amazing, and Here Maps is even better on a large screen. As you would expect, its buttery smooth. Although I would prefer a smaller bezel. Other than that, I am so getting it.
    Thanx for the hands and eyes on review .

How would you compare it with a surface 2 ? Looks wise , performance , size and portability wise and build quality and screen ?
    11-18-2013 01:20 AM
    Thanx for the hands and eyes on review .

How would you compare it with a surface 2 ? Looks wise , performance , size and portability wise and build quality and screen ?
    Screen is definitely better than that on Surface. Looks are very different. Surface looks professional, 2520 looks fashionable. In terms of portability, nothing beats Surface with its kickstand. Size is pretty much the same, but I found 2520 easier and more pleasant to hold. But it is definitely miles above iPad in terms of design.

I haven't really compared the two because they weren't next to each other, but I prefer 2520 simply because of the screen and the way it lays in your hand. If you have a Lumia phone, it's a no brainer to get the 2520 if you don't have a tablet yet. If you have a Surface 2, there is no reason to get the 2520.

Microsoft is taking preorders now, but I didn't ask when they will receive it. They were too busy. Gonna go back tomorrow for a 30 minute to play around.
    rav16 likes this.
    11-18-2013 01:30 AM
    The Surface display does not cover the entire sRGB cover space so that will definitely be something which is an advantage for the Lumia 2520 as I can't imagine anything else but full coverage given the glowing hands on impressions of the screen. The same is true for the new iPad mini retina display, so it is not like it can't be a good screen, but it will be noticeable if compared next to each other.
    11-18-2013 02:57 AM
    2520 is a piece of beauty. It is smaller than Surface, more round (while Surface is squarish), lighter. Surface is better in one respect though. Kick stand and keyboard. I have Surface 1 and it cannot be better if you quickly want to go from tablet to laptop. I watched an ackward keyboard/protective cover wrapper from Nokia. I am not sure I will buy it. USB converter is not a big deal for me. Another thing. They say 2520 will have micro SD only 32GB. I wonder if this is true. Did anyone have a chance to stick 64GB card in it? I remember in the past Nokia was stating some of it's phones could only use 16GB, but 32 worked perfectly. I suspect 64 will work, but would be nice to get confirmation.
    11-18-2013 12:08 PM
    I also saw the 2520 today at the MS store and got to compare to side-by-side to a Surface 2. I walked away feeling the 2520 was substantially more comfortable to hold one-handed (grippier, noticeably lighter, and that the polycarbonate casing was preferable to the VaporMag of the Surface 2). I still believe the Surface is a beautiful product, but it came off as sterile and cold when compared to the 2520 by touch alone. Oh yea, and in Verizon red, it's quite the looker.

The display on the 2520 seemed a lot brighter, had more vibrant colors, and noticeably deeper blacks. While my time with the two tablets was short, I didn't see anything I immediately noticed as better on the Surface's display against the Nokia. Something that was a lot more noticeable than I expected it to be was that even though the 2520 is only slightly smaller than the Surface, it looked a lot better in portrait mode (I am in the camp that believes the Surface is tall and awkward when held in portrait mode).

To the Surface's credit, it has a lovely kickstand and I preferred the ports (full-size USB, access to the memory card slot [the 2520 has a cover that requires a pin to pop open]), and of course the keyboard will click in. Sadly, they did not actually have the 2520 keyboard on-hand.

Here's a screenshot of the two devices: Surface on the left, 2520 on the right. Both devices are on max brightness, and while the picture is not very good, it should help give you an idea of how much brighter the 2520's display it.

Click for larger size
    Last edited by VV Cephei; 11-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    rav16, BIGPADDY and sanshiro like this.
    11-19-2013 01:15 AM
    I also saw the 920 today at the MS store and got to compare to side-by-side to a Surface 2. I walked away feeling the 2520 was substantially more comfortable to hold one-handed (grippier, noticeably lighter, and that the polycarbonate casing was preferable to the VaporMag of the Surface 2). I still believe the Surface is a beautiful product, but it came off as sterile and cold when compared to the 2520 by touch alone. Oh yea, and in Verizon red, it's quite the looker.

The display on the 2520 seemed a lot brighter, had more vibrant colors, and noticeably deeper blacks. While my time with the two tablets was short, I didn't see anything I immediately noticed as better on the Surface's display against the Nokia. Something that was a lot more noticeable than I expected it to be was that even though the 2520 is only slightly smaller than the Surface, it looked a lot better in portrait mode (I am in the camp that believes the Surface is tall and awkward when held in portrait mode).

To the Surface's credit, it has a lovely kickstand and I preferred the ports (full-size USB, access to the memory card slot [the 2520 has a cover that requires a pin to pop open]), and of course the keyboard will click in. Sadly, they did not actually have the 2520 keyboard on-hand.

Here's a screenshot of the two devices: Surface on the left, 2520 on the right. Both devices are on max brightness, and while the picture is not very good, it should help give you an idea of how much brighter the 2520's display it.

Attachment 49975
    The pic is not shown , can you post again ?
    11-19-2013 04:33 AM
    The pic is not shown , can you post again ?
    Sorry about that. I've fixed my post.
    11-19-2013 09:08 AM
    If I had the money I would literally just get both!
    11-19-2013 09:55 AM
    Has anyone asked about the availability of the cover on Friday? I'm not crazy about purchasing this tablet without some type of cover.
    11-19-2013 03:53 PM