Got the red 2520. Check your MS stores

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys. Went to my local MS store with the intention of seeing, playing and possible preordering an red 2520 for a friend. To my surprise, not only could I preorder it. They actually had stock available for me to purchase today. For those of you who are interested in picking up a red 2520 before release day check out your MS store. Unfortunately this 2520 is a gift for one of my buddies. So I can't comment on any of the particulars just say that in my brief time with it, it seems well made.
n

Attachments

• ACATERNOR - WIN_20131120_150413.JPG
    ACATERNOR - WIN_20131120_150413.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 7

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know what to tell you bro. I read a post by erzhik saying that a display model was set up at a MS store to play with. So I decided to check it out myself. But I also was surprised that I walk out the store with a red 2520. For those who are interested in a red (and assume black) 2520 may want to check out their local MS store.

sanshiro

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Which store if you don't mind me asking? I stopped by on Monday by the San Jose store and they didn't even have a demo unit.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know what to tell you bro. I read a post by erzhik saying that a display model was set up at a MS store to play with. So I decided to check it out myself. But I also was surprised that I walk out the store with a red 2520. For those who are interested in a red (and assume black) 2520 may want to check out their local MS store.
Congrats .

Did you play around with it ? How is the screen and camera quality ? How does it compare with iPad air ?

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Which store if you don't mind me asking? I stopped by on Monday by the San Jose store and they didn't even have a demo unit.

I believe that the 2520 is not being released till the 21(for Verizon) and the 22 (for ATT). So it may have been an oversite on the MS store that I went to. That being said I am not sure if I can get someone in trouble by posting the store in which I received my 2520. All I can say is check your MS store out and see what happens. I guarantee that the stock is there, it just a question on if they sell it to you today or hold it for you till tomorrow. The worst thing that can happen is that you will be at least able to preorder \ secure a red one (if that your preference) for you to pick up on the official launch day.

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Congrats .

Did you play around with it ? How is the screen and camera quality ? How does it compare with iPad air ?

I got it for a friend so I have not been able to play with it yet. I also don't own a iPad air so I can't compare. What I can say is that it seems well built. When I compare it to my pro 2, it seems a little plastic like (of course that how it is upposed to be). Of course it lighter and skinnier than my pro 2, and it seems to me like it handles better in my hand. But that's all I have for now
H

ChillyBruh

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Aww man I'm bummed. I just called the Microsoft Store in Atlanta and they said they'll just be stocking the black Lumia 2520. And that they'll go up for sale on Friday. I am a sad panda.

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Not that I am all knowing, but that does not make sense to me. Why would one MS store have red available, but not another one? Did you call the store directly or did you get routed to the MS call center which only has knowledge of their online inventory? Before I stop by my store, I called the number on the site and got directed to the call center. After about 25 min or so (on hold and talking to a Microsoft operator), I got the direct number to my store. The sale rep at the store was also unable to give me any info over the phone. All he said is that, if I wanted to preorder a red 2520. I would have to come and preorder it in the store.

If you are really looking forward to owning a red 2520, I would stop by my local store and see. Or at least get the direct number to your store and find out, assuming that you got redirected to the call center like I did.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys. Went to my local MS store with the intention of seeing, playing and possible preordering an red 2520 for a friend. To my surprise, not only could I preorder it. They actually had stock available for me to purchase today. For those of you who are interested in picking up a red 2520 before release day check out your MS store. Unfortunately this 2520 is a gift for one of my buddies. So I can't comment on any of the particulars just say that in my brief time with it, it seems well made.
n

at the store you got it, did they have a red or black demo on display? I was at a MS kiosk store yesterday, and I didnt see any unit on display.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I called the store directly. I may just go down there on Friday to see.

the call center have no clue. I tried them twice before for L1020 wireless charging shell, and they kept giving me the wrong info. I wasted time going to two stores.

I wont bother ever calling them again.

MDBulldog

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
the call center have no clue. I tried them twice before for L1020 wireless charging shell, and they kept giving me the wrong info. I wasted time going to two stores.

I wont bother ever calling them again.
That the truth. I find MS call center situation really sad. I mean how is a potential MS customer supposed to get solid info about their products ( especially the average joe\jane).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos