Need a USB 3.0 Micro adapter source.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So it appears the requirement is to make sure the adapter or cable is OTG. The ones I have seen say they are for the Galaxy Note 3.

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
This one works:

Amazon.com: White Color Micro USB 3.0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N900 N9000 10cm: Cell Phones & Accessories

By "works," I mean it will allow you to charge/sync your phone or mount a usb flash drive, but won't power an external HD.

I just got off the call from Nokia and they do advise to have the nokia 2520 charger connected to the power socket, while the HD is connected so that there is sufficient power for the external HD. Can you pls try this?

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried with a Western Digital Passport 500GB model. I can't remember if then power supply was plugged in at the time. I'll give it another try,and share the results.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This one works:

Amazon.com: White Color Micro USB 3.0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N900 N9000 10cm: Cell Phones & Accessories

By "works," I mean it will allow you to charge/sync your phone or mount a usb flash drive, but won't power an external HD.

I bought this one: Afunta 15CM Standard USB3.0 Female to Micro USB 3.0 Male OTG(On-The-Go) Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9000 N9002 N9005 and it will only charge my Lumia 920. It won't connect with the phone, USB memory stick, or a hard drive. It doesn't matter if the power is plugged into the 2520 or not.

Last edited:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I purchased a standard USB 3.0 micro to USB adapter (looks exactly like the one that somebody posted above that he says is working), and it did not work. It would not beep or do anything when I plugged in any flash drive. I just picked up this OTG cable from Ebay, and it works, just like the white one that another poster bought on Amazon. Every flash drive I plug in does not work. Most of them do, and one of the says it is not recognized, but works perfectly. There could be a delay of 10 to 15 seconds before the drive pops up, especially for a larger drive. The ones that do not work either show the drive, but I get an error when I open it, or it says it cannot recognize it and it does not hsow up in File Explorer, though I can click to safely remove it. So I do not believe we have a hardware issue. The fact that several of my drives do not work could mean there is a driver issue, though I have often heard of issues from techs I support who have problems with flash drives, and formatting them with the HP Flash utility fixes them, so I may try that with the drives I have issues with. I do note that this cable connection at the 2520 seems to be a little looser than the adapter I bought. but that does not seem to be an issue. I am just glad I do not feel I have a hardware issue on the USB port and do not have to worry about returning it since otherwise it has been perfect.

Micro USB 3 0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 Black 9 Inch | eBay

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I purchased a standard USB 3.0 micro to USB adapter (looks exactly like the one that somebody posted above that he says is working), and it did not work. It would not beep or do anything when I plugged in any flash drive. I just picked up this OTG cable from Ebay, and it works, just like the white one that another poster bought on Amazon. Every flash drive I plug in does not work. Most of them do, and one of the says it is not recognized, but works perfectly. There could be a delay of 10 to 15 seconds before the drive pops up, especially for a larger drive. The ones that do not work either show the drive, but I get an error when I open it, or it says it cannot recognize it and it does not hsow up in File Explorer, though I can click to safely remove it. So I do not believe we have a hardware issue. The fact that several of my drives do not work could mean there is a driver issue, though I have often heard of issues from techs I support who have problems with flash drives, and formatting them with the HP Flash utility fixes them, so I may try that with the drives I have issues with. I do note that this cable connection at the 2520 seems to be a little looser than the adapter I bought. but that does not seem to be an issue. I am just glad I do not feel I have a hardware issue on the USB port and do not have to worry about returning it since otherwise it has been perfect.

Micro USB 3 0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Galaxy NOTE3 N9000 Black 9 Inch | eBay

Any luck with external drives?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried connecting an external drive that had a 90g SSD in it, even with the power attached to the Lumia 2520, and it did not recognize it. I did have luck moving 20 or 30g of pictures and music to my 64g micro SD installed in the tablet using the OTG cable though, so it is working well.

jpmfan

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
apologises to add to the thread. will be picking up a Lumia 2520 in the next few days and planning to get a micro SDHC card and also an adapter for USB. With all of the problems with USB 3.0 adapters I'm wondering whether until it's solved it might just be worth getting a USB2.0 adapter (as my USBs and hard drives are only USB2.0). any thoughts between the two adapters? the USB 3.0 one looks similar to one above.

USB 3.0
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2254984

USB 2.0
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2254984

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So I was finally able to try my WD Passport with the 2520 power adapter plugged in. It spins up, is recognized, but doesn't mount. When I looked it up in the device list and ran the troubleshooter, it said it was a driver issue. That's as far as I can take it as it appears it is not supported on RT...

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the USB 3.0 cable for future capability. It should work with USB 2.0 3.0. I have not seen that anybody has been successful getting a USB HDD to work yet, though.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It WORKS!!!! Yesterday's updates must have installed the proper drivers and now I can successfully mount things to the USB port. I just now hooked up my 920 and a screen popped up on the desktop saying installing the necessary files. I can browse and load things on the phone now and the Windows Phone app automatically installed.
I have connected to a SanDisk U3 Cruzer Micro 8GB and both the main "drive" and the U3 "CD Drive" mounted. I also a Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB hard drive with out any issues. This was all done without the power plugged into the tablet.

The cord I used was what I posted in post #28.

I just tried an LG Portable Super Multi Drive DVD drive and it mounts just fine and works even without having to plug the second USB plug into a power source. Sweet! Now if I could find a DVD Video player app that would make this a nice small portable video player.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99