Need a USB 3.0 Micro adapter source.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The updates did nothing for my non-OTG adapter. I still don't understand why they set the port up to default to a client rather than a host.

Also, I read each and every pending update's kb entry and none of them made mention of fixing this issue.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I went to the Samsung store inside of Best Buy and bought the genuine Samsung OTG USB 2.0 cable for $19 and it works with a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle. I haven't tried any HDD with it. I am not sure why people are doing this race to the bottom buying a bunch of $5 and $6 cables from amazon. Given the issues people are having spend a little more dough and get one quality cable/adapter and be done with it. I will get the USB 3.0 adapter when it is available and relegate the 2.0 adapter to the Dell Venue 8 pro.

I don't see the cable on the Best Buy website so you will have to disconnect yourself from the internet and go into the physical store! Oh no!!!

I will try the cable/adapter with a power HDD over the weekend and report back.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This one works:

Amazon.com: White Color Micro USB 3.0 9pin OTG Host Flash Disk Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N900 N9000 10cm: Cell Phones & Accessories

By "works," I mean it will allow you to charge/sync your phone or mount a usb flash drive, but won't power an external HD.
I bought this one and it works for connecting USB 2.0 devices (thumb drives, kb, mouse), but I'm worried it might not be USB 3.0. It doesn't have the telltale blue on the inside of the Type-A connector. I'll have to look at it in more detail to see if all the extra USB 3.0 pins are present. Unfortunately I don't have any USB 3.0 devices to give it a proper test.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got an OTG adapter at Fry's Electronics yesterday that works. Micro USB Male to USB Female OTG Adaptor (Typo is direct from the packaging) Cable. It's USB 2 with a micro connector on one end and a female standard USB port on the other end. I plugged in a Toshiba 640gb external drive and it immediately recognized it and I was able to get to all the files and move them back and forth. I did not have to plug the tablet into a power supply.OTG Cable for N2520.jpg

Last edited:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Got this one

Amazon.com : Afunta 15CM Standard USB3.0 Female to Micro USB 3.0 Male OTG(On-The-Go) Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9000 N9002 N9005 : Computer Cable Usb To Usb Adapters : Computers & Accessories

will recognize usb 2 device, like WD external HDD, USB key drives, can charge the L1020.

But wont recognize usb 3 drive (WD 2TB my passport drive). I tried updating driver via the wizard, but no luck.

Still have another usb adaptor to try soon.

anyone with luck on usb 3 devices?
Does it work if the tablet is plugged in to power?

juanchar

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Got this one

Amazon.com : Afunta 15CM Standard USB3.0 Female to Micro USB 3.0 Male OTG(On-The-Go) Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9000 N9002 N9005 : Computer Cable Usb To Usb Adapters : Computers & Accessories

will recognize usb 2 device, like WD external HDD, USB key drives, can charge the L1020.

But wont recognize usb 3 drive (WD 2TB my passport drive). I tried updating driver via the wizard, but no luck.

Still have another usb adaptor to try soon.

anyone with luck on usb 3 devices?
i got the same and its recognize my Samsung 1TB 3.0, the tablet give you a warning, however you can open and modify your files

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Still doesn't work. AC plugged in makes no difference either.

If I swap the USB 3 cable attached to the drive with a usb2 cable but still keep the usb3 micro to full size adaptor attached, the drive will be recognized.

Device manager shows the following error

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover.

Christer Sjaunja

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Any success? I have the same problem with a WD Mypass ultra. The tips on page 2 about disabling fast start, I cant even find fast start as an option?

The tips were actually for win 8.1, not 8.1 RT. so there is no work around.

I am still waiting for the cable to arrive from Hong kong. will update here with the results.

In summary, micro USB 3 port doesn't work with USB 3 capable OTG adaptors when connected to usb3 devices. but once you use a USB 2 cable, everything seems to work. A software fix is needed, unless this cable thing pans out.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077