11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest firmware. Router is Cisco EA4500.

I believe this is the same router I have. For it to be one of the better routers, I'm not really impressed. If my son is watching Netflix on his Wii and I want to download a Prime movie on my Kindle Fire, the Kindle will not finish loading and the Wii buffers the download, way too much.

Tendlya

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is the same router I have. For it to be one of the better routers, I'm not really impressed. If my son is watching Netflix on his Wii and I want to download a Prime movie on my Kindle Fire, the Kindle will not finish loading and the Wii buffers the download, way too much.
I also have the same router Linksys EA4500 and same problems with Lumia 2520 and Dell Venue 8 Pro.

Tendlya

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody please post your router settings, if you get it to work. Suggest me if you want me to try another router where I can use B/G/N simultaneously. The work around solutions posted here are disabling the N and keep only B/G, which I do not want to do.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Except other devices do work with the same WiFi router.
Yes I do understand as my Surface 2 did work fine with my Linksys router, Nokia must be using a different WiFi chipset that has some issues with certain routers.
I have seen this issue in the past especially with Apple products so I am not that surprised by this

Tendlya

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Folks, I got it working. Modified 2.4ghz to only b/g and 5ghz to N only in router settings.. It solved the problem for me. I disconnected and connected to the network again so it connects to the 5ghz N for faster speeds. Now my dell venue pro is also working fine without issues. I hope this helps.

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe an update will be needed to provide better compatibility for a wider ranger of access points, chipsets, etc. This is a common type of issue on launch that other devices have seen, including Apple's.

Time to hurry up and wait...

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an Asus RT-N66U router. Works perfectly for the last three days that I've had the 2520. On Verizon.

Last edited:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I've connected to about 4 different routers since I've had my 2520 and have not had any disconnects. It's a Verizon one.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but I am at multiple locations, so a static IP that works at home won't work at work #1 or work #2. Perhaps RT has a network profile app?

True, I guess setting a static address tied to a mac address would be out of the question as one generally does not have access to the router settings at their work place. In terms of an app I wouldn't know as I don't even have a RT device and no longer running 8.1 in vmware. I guess you could play with the Netsh command but that maybe to much hassle, as creating a .bat file is may not be possible in RT (again don't have RT to confirm)
link below:Configure TCP/IP from the Command Prompt
According to MS: Managing wireless network profiles - Microsoft Windows Help- Netsh works for RT.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I too was experiencing the exact same symptoms with my AT&T 2520 purchased on Monday. Wifi would drop out about every 10 minutes, sometimes quicker. My first attempted solution was to update the firmware on my wireless router, and that has 100% fixed my problem. No more dropouts and it's been smooth sailing. Man I love this piece of hardware.

Router: D-Link DIR-655 (Hardware version A3)
Original Firmware: 1.11
Updated Firmware: 1.37

I was rolling with a firmware that was 6 years old - shame on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss