Backlight Bleed

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Since I have a work tablet this is for consumption...

I personally prefer 8" myself. I thought the iPad Mini was a nice tablet but under-powered by a bit, esp. when it comes to RAM. The new iPad Mini is probably nice, but the price is getting up there. have you considered the Dell Venue 8 Pro?

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Nearly ALL IPS based displays will have some light bleed under the right conditions. There is good reason for it *however* there will be a some units with too much pressure placed on certain areas of the display when built that can make it worse than it needs to be. Sometimes there are ways to alleviate the pressure based light bleed from mounting but you have to know what you are dealing with.

Mike-J-G

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Does it look like it's pressure based bleed from the LCD panel being distorted or squished, or is it the individual lights of the backlight showing? If it affects corners or just one or two spots on a edge it's probably caused by pressure on the panel. It may also look more yellow. You might get lucky and get a replacement that's significantly better although some tablet designs end up with all the panels having pressure spots due to how they are secured in the chassis. If it looks like half a dozen or so brighter spots along a single long edge then that's the individual LEDs showing. You're less likely to get a replacement that looks any different. It's more likely to be a characteristic of every instance of this type of panel.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Stupid question but what is backlight bleed and how would I tell if I have it?
In regards to iPad mini or Air, good luck with that, there is a bug in IOS7 that crashes safari all the time and to this date apple has not even acknowledged a problem.
I took my iPad Air back.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question but what is backlight bleed and how would I tell if I have it?
In regards to iPad mini or Air, good luck with that, there is a bug in IOS7 that crashes safari all the time and to this date apple has not even acknowledged a problem.
I took my iPad Air back.

This bug in safari has made me put my gen 4 iPad on sale and getting it replaced with a 2520.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This bug in safari has made me put my gen 4 iPad on sake and getting it replaced with a 2520.

This is apparently a huge issue in all iOS7 devices and at atleast some OSX devices. I was reading about it yesterday on the iMore.com forums.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
There are some issues with iOS 7...

I think the reason most people don't notice is they use apps rather than browser for many things.

I have learned to hate iOS, I have to keep on iOS device around because I have to turn in homework with that device, my school is a worshipper of all things apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3