Backlight Bleed

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I like all gadgets! iOS, BB, Windows, and even Android...

I have been using 3 mobile OS's for three years now, and have gotten fed up with android, got pissed with iOS 7 issues and now ready for a windows only environments. IOS was working good until performance on my iPad completely got borked with io7, and android is a never ending battle for a smooth experience. Windows has been the smoothest by far and no serious problems, but when wp7 devices could not upgrade. ART helps android scrolling problems but it is not as smooth as windows smooth scrolling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I noticed some backlight bleed a bit on the lower right corner when I turned the 2520 on. During normal use everything looks right. I'm not going to worry about it. I'm three days in and haven't noticed it since I took it out of the box.

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hi, I just got my 2520 fro Verizon. I notice a some bleeding when on a black screen, like during start up or a movie that has a dark seen. should I be concerned or not? it was the only one they had in stock, so not sure if I would be able to get a new one. while playing Spartan assault I did not really notice it. at it looked really good. thanks.

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how "type A" you are. Like mcraine above, I have bleed in the lower right, and only notice it during startup, and during the occasional movie. If something like that is going to drive you crazy, I would try to return it. If you do, please report back on how it turned out. If not, enjoy!

mitsuyager9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly almost every single mobile display has some backlight bleeding, my 2520 has it but not nearly as bad as my Asus Vivotab did. I thought that I would give Apple props because I didn't notice it on their products. And just last night I saw it on my fianc?e's $2k MacBook pro. So if it is bad enough to bother you (dark background on the main screen, and it bugs you) get it replaced. But mine is really not bad at all, I only see it if I'm looking for it. Also when my screen warms up it pretty much goes away.

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how "type A" you are. Like mcraine above, I have bleed in the lower right, and only notice it during startup, and during the occasional movie. If something like that is going to drive you crazy, I would try to return it. If you do, please report back on how it turned out. If not, enjoy!

I sent it in for repairs, just got it back, as soon as it turned on I could notice the yellowish spots on the sides and corner, looks like the same as before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3