Dead pixels anyone? (I just found 2)

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am curious how widespread this might be and wondering if others are just dealing with them or exchanging their 2520.
For the record I was not looking for them until I spotted the first one using while using the Twitter app.

Last edited:

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have already exchanged one unit for very bad backlight bleed and something up with the power that has caused cold resets.

My issue is that I have played this game before. 8 Surface Pro, 6 PlayBook, 2 Lumia 1020, 2 BlackBerry Q10, 2 Surface 2 and now so far 2 Lumia 2520.
I have found that it turns into a trade-off game real quick.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You must be horribly unlucky! I have had to switch out a few things before, but not that many. That said, the retailer/maker owes it to you to give you a perfectly working device. I would keep exchanging until it worked fine or the return window closes (which I would then return the device).

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have already exchanged one unit for very bad backlight bleed and something up with the power that has caused cold resets.

My issue is that I have played this game before. 8 Surface Pro, 6 PlayBook, 2 Lumia 1020, 2 BlackBerry Q10, 2 Surface 2 and now so far 2 Lumia 2520.
I have found that it turns into a trade-off game real quick.
I went through 3 Nokia Lumia 900s and 3 Nokia Lumia 920's. It is very frustrating, but I also went through 3 ipads though

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my pro 2 has a few dead pixels. It doesn't bother me a lot, but maybe later, I will have Microsoft replace the display (not the glass, the display).

Mike-J-G

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear this. I was thinking of getting one of these but screen issues drive me crazy. It used to be just bad pixels I would check for. Now in addition to all the things the average person might notice like low brightness, poor contrast and narrow viewing angles, I'm checking for unusual backlight bleed, lousy color saturation, twitchy/jumpy touch screens, lack of gorilla glass (Sony), and graininess in solid colors from the diffusion layer. With OLED displays I have to look for splotches, crude gradients and pentile side-effects. The Surfaces added yellow blotches on white due to overheating. I wish everyone noticed what we do so manufacturers would have to refine their designs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs