Can't install Revel on Lumia 2520 - Error code 0x80240017

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get Adobe Revel installed on my wife's Lumia 2520, and it keeps throwing this error message: "Your purchase couldn't be completed: Something happened and your purchase can't be completed. Error code 0x80240017."

- The tablet is fully updated as of Nov 28.
- I checked UAC and that's turned on, as well as automatic updates
- Revel's description says it's ARM-compatible, so it's not a Pro-only issue
- I even wiped the device out and reloaded everything. No dice.
- Also checked, and KB2887595 is installed, so it's not that.

Revel installs fine on my Win 8.1 pro laptop and my wife's Win 8.0 pro laptop, so the app itself isn't broken in the store. All other ARM-compatible apps that I've tried install fine on the 2520. Any ideas?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, I saw you on the Nokia support forums too. I ordered mine yesterday. I got 2nd day shipping, but it says it'll ship the 4th-6th:( If you can hang tight, that'll be the first thing I install. I'll ping you directly then.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I also found this:
[INFO]Well, I don't know what you tried:
<this will clear the cache for the Store>
From the Desktop
Press the Windows key + R
Type WSReset.exe and hit OK

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app
Method 3 :

You can try to Run Apps Troubleshooter
Download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab
Please use the following links as a reference :

For Metro Apps to work, you need to have the following:
1) Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.
2) Next, if you have turned off User Account Control, your Metro apps will not work.
You can check if UAC is enabled here:
From the Start Screen, type in Control Panel. Click on Contol Panel tile. Then click on User Accounts. Change User Account Control Settings
3) Try using a Local account instead of a Windows Live ID account.

4. If you have Sage thumbs installed remove it

If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC.

8refresh

Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:
? Your files and personalization settings won't change.

? Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
? Apps from Windows Store will be kept.
? Apps you installed from discs or websites will be removed.
? A list of removed apps will be saved on your desktop.
These steps will take you through refreshing your PC:
? Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you are using a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and swipe your finger to the left)
? Click Settings
? Click Change PC Settings
? Click General in the left column
? Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started
Then follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen to refresh your PC.[/INFO]

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Lastly I found this:
[INFO]Dont know if this will help any but I had an issue with updating, installing, and launching apps myself and I found it was a Windows Update issue and not an issue with the Store or app itself. Here is how you can fix the Windows Update issues. Look below!

Step to fix apps not installing or updating.

First, make sure Windows Update is NOT running. Then pull out the menu on the right that has the options to Search, Start, etc. Click or touch Search. Click or touch Settings under the search field. Type troubleshooting into the search field. Then click or touch Troubleshooting over on the left. Once it is up and running, click or touch View All. Once it finishes loading all, you should see Windows Update on the bottom. Click or touch it! It will find a few issues, for me I had 4. I also was running Windows Update at the time and that is why I am instructing you to close it first (first time it only fixed 2 of the 4 issues and then after closing it, Troubleshooting fixed all 4).

If all issues are fixed reboot your system. If all of them were not fixed, close some stuff and run Troubleshooting again (refer to the above for the how-to-do). If again it does not fix them all, reboot your device and then run it again after a fresh reboot of the first items fixed. [/INFO]

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for looking! - I tried all those steps, and then tried completely wiping out the tablet and resetting it from scratch, then going back, getting it back up to date, and taking all those steps again (trying to install it at every step), and it still threw the same error. Of all 40 or 50 apps we've installed, that's the only one that gave any kind of problem at all, so I'm beginning to suspect that either the ARM support claim isn't true, or there's something about the Snapdragon chip in the Nokia that's preventing the install. If they did test it for RT, it was probably on a Surface RT or Surface 2, both of which use NVIDIA chipsets. The Snapdragon is supposed to be 100% compatible, but maybe Revel uses some obscure call or setting that's messing things up. I contacted Adobe on both Facebook and in their forums asking if they've encountered this problem.

Let me know how/if the install goes :)

I also found this:
[INFO]Well, I don't know what you tried:
<this will clear the cache for the Store>
From the Desktop
Press the Windows key + R
Type WSReset.exe and hit OK

Method 3 :

You can try to Run Apps Troubleshooter
Download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab
Please use the following links as a reference :

For Metro Apps to work, you need to have the following:
1) Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.
2) Next, if you have turned off User Account Control, your Metro apps will not work.
You can check if UAC is enabled here:
From the Start Screen, type in Control Panel. Click on Contol Panel tile. Then click on User Accounts. Change User Account Control Settings
3) Try using a Local account instead of a Windows Live ID account.

4. If you have Sage thumbs installed remove it

If Metro Apps are still not working your other option would be to Refresh your PC.

8refresh

Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:
? Your files and personalization settings won't change.

? Your PC settings will be changed back to their defaults.
? Apps from Windows Store will be kept.
? Apps you installed from discs or websites will be removed.
? A list of removed apps will be saved on your desktop.
These steps will take you through refreshing your PC:
? Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you are using a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and swipe your finger to the left)
? Click Settings
? Click Change PC Settings
? Click General in the left column
? Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started
Then follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen to refresh your PC.[/INFO]

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried this just now - it found 2 errors and fixed them, so I got all excited, but then after a reboot I tried installing Revel again and same error. Ah well, worth a shot :)

Lastly I found this:
[INFO]Dont know if this will help any but I had an issue with updating, installing, and launching apps myself and I found it was a Windows Update issue and not an issue with the Store or app itself. Here is how you can fix the Windows Update issues. Look below!

Step to fix apps not installing or updating.

First, make sure Windows Update is NOT running. Then pull out the menu on the right that has the options to Search, Start, etc. Click or touch Search. Click or touch Settings under the search field. Type troubleshooting into the search field. Then click or touch Troubleshooting over on the left. Once it is up and running, click or touch View All. Once it finishes loading all, you should see Windows Update on the bottom. Click or touch it! It will find a few issues, for me I had 4. I also was running Windows Update at the time and that is why I am instructing you to close it first (first time it only fixed 2 of the 4 issues and then after closing it, Troubleshooting fixed all 4).

If all issues are fixed reboot your system. If all of them were not fixed, close some stuff and run Troubleshooting again (refer to the above for the how-to-do). If again it does not fix them all, reboot your device and then run it again after a fresh reboot of the first items fixed. [/INFO]

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, that settles that - it doesn't actually support RT. Someone from Adobe got back to me on FB. I suggested they change the flag so it doesn't show up on RT devices in the store, and also to remove ARM from the Supported Processors section. Too bad - that would have been really useful.

Good news for you, jjmurphy - that means my wife's tablet works perfectly! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss